IGNORED

commodore acid - Tom Tom By Jackfrost but by me

prophet64-2.png

got a rather nice little package in the postbox today! the fantastic Prophet64!

whilst still in my underwarez i cracked it open and started to experiemnt with the mono synth and 303/606-909 and for a test track i did tom tom by my label mate jack frsot in the first 5 minutes of using this peice of equipment.. i used my quick fire joystick for the knob twidling

im still microphone to tv speaker so there is alot of noise

Guest ۞ Syntheme ۞

i saw a c64 at the car boot last week, I dithered about getting it, so went off to look around other stalls. when i went back later to get it, the people had gone! :( I wanted to get this software for it!)

I wanted to see if i could get my electronic expert friend to make a little lcd display for it, and build some knobs too. don't know how practical that would have been though

EDIT: can it be controlled by midi?

i saw a c64 at the car boot last week, I dithered about getting it, so went off to look around other stalls. when i went back later to get it, the people had gone! :( I wanted to get this software for it!)

I wanted to see if i could get my electronic expert friend to make a little lcd display for it, and build some knobs too. don't know how practical that would have been though

EDIT: can it be controlled by midi?

of course it can. but you'll need to get some midi/dync interface for it.. in the sequencer you can control the entire thing by midi, but why bother when it s 100% amazing doing it freehand/from skratch...the 303 is also about 600 times easier to programe then the real thing, even though its exactly the same..

im trying to get a mouse for c64 because at the moment im sequencing with a quickshot joystick..

Guest ۞ Syntheme ۞

how can you get the sound straight out of the SID chip? (rather than post mixed video/audio stage)

how can you get the sound straight out of the SID chip? (rather than post mixed video/audio stage)

You can convert the 8-pin DIN crazyness that comes out of the C64 out to more managable connector types. Right now I'd imagine he's using the seperate RF output to go to the antenna in on an old TV.

Archived