IGNORED

your top 10 BoC tracks

playbynumbers

Guest i.boc'd.ur.mom
Apologies for the double post (wouldn't let me edit my other message for some reason).

They're all pretty small in size and length (bitrates vary, too):

Unknown #1 -- Reminds me of 'Aquarius'. Uses a sample from 'On A Rolling Sea'. Sounds genuine.

Unknown #2 -- Sounds like a heavily distorted siren of sorts. Probably fake.

Unknown #3 -- Sounds very similar to 'Energy Warning'. Sounds genuine enough.

Unknown #4 -- Reminds me of Track #34 from (the genuine version of) 'Old Tunes Vol. 1'. Could be fake.

Track 1 Is Orange Romeda, an officially released track.

Track 2 I say is fake.

Track 3 Sounds pretty cool to be honest.

Track 4 Cool little track as well.

edit: damn lumpengriff you beat me to it :(.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Moebius
Apologies for the double post (wouldn't let me edit my other message for some reason).

You can only edit a post for a short period after you first make it, unless you have a paid membership (that's one of the perks).

Guest Moebius

#4 is some sort of riff off Melissa Juice.

Aside from Orange Romeda, of course, they all sound rather weak to me. Definately fakes imo.

Guest i.boc'd.ur.mom

They're all pretty small in size and length (bitrates vary, too):

Unknown #1 -- Reminds me of 'Aquarius'. Uses a sample from 'On A Rolling Sea'. Sounds genuine.

Unknown #2 -- Sounds like a heavily distorted siren of sorts. Probably fake.

Unknown #3 -- Sounds very similar to 'Energy Warning'. Sounds genuine enough.

Unknown #4 -- Reminds me of Track #34 from (the genuine version of) 'Old Tunes Vol. 1'. Could be fake.

Well, I just made an interesting observation. The track that sounds like Energy Warning is actually the melody from energy warning played backwards. Now I don't know if there's some way to completely strip a song of vocals, or if its just a synth that sounds alike, but maybe this could be something. Hmm... it's also similar to how old tunes vol. 1 had another short track off geogaddi (the smallest weird number) reversed. :S

Guest Oorto Geld

Hmm...you're right.

It appears to be a slower, reversed, vocal-less version of 'Energy Warning'.

In fact, the lack of vocals tells me that this track may, in fact, be genuine after all (unless anyone knows of a way to completely remove vocals from a track).

Guest i.boc'd.ur.mom
Hmm...you're right.

It appears to be a slower, reversed, vocal-less version of 'Energy Warning'.

In fact, the lack of vocals tell me that this track may, in fact, be genuine after all (unless anyone knows of a way to complete remove vocals from a track).

Where did you get these songs from? Check if you can find anything else!

Guest Nlogax

Ready Let's Go/Music is Math

5-9-78

Julie & Candy

Everything You Do Is a Balloon

Dawn Chorus

Red Moss

Skimming Stones

xyz

Kid For Today

Beautiful Place

.....thats 11...oh well sue me

Ready Let's Go/Music is Math

5-9-78

Julie & Candy

Everything You Do Is a Balloon

Dawn Chorus

Red Moss

Skimming Stones

xyz

Kid For Today

Beautiful Place

.....thats 11...oh well sue me

maybe i will

Guest monotoo

woah,

just had to say i love sixtyten.. definitely up in my top 10 for sure. the kicks just pound and never tire on me. the light curious melody in the midst of everthing.. love it all. i'll get the top 10 next time

crazy

Guest Moebius

I'm not convinced that you couldn't make that energy warning edit by just sampling the first portion before the vocals start.

Guest i.boc'd.ur.mom
I'm not convinced that you couldn't make that energy warning edit by just sampling the first portion before the vocals start.

Actually, I just checked, and there is no way you can sample the melody without the vocals. No. Way. They both start at the same time.

Guest Oorto Geld

i.boc'd.ur.mom is right.

The part that plays at the very beginning of 'Energy Warning' doesn't feature in the track that I posted up, but the main melody that does feature in the track (albeit slowed down and reversed) starts at exactly the same time as the vocals in 'Energy Warning'

Eh, it's all very confusing...I don't know what to believe, personally.

Archived