IGNORED

your top 10 BoC tracks

playbynumbers

1. the way you show... just feel like im enveloped in melody when that comes on. mint.

2.mukinabaht

3.forest moon

4.Live at the lighthouse - track 3 (unknown)

5.Aquarius (peel sessions)

6.dayvan cowboy

7.kiteracer 2

8.kid for today

9.Bocuma

10.Diving station

roughly... at the moment.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is just way too hard. I haven't got that many BoC songs on this computer so it will be even harder :)

Whitewater

Everything you do is a balloon

Forest moon

Broken drum remix

Over the horizon radar

You could feel the sky

Skimming stones

Peacock tail

Buckie high

5/9/78

In no particular order i guess...and as always the same cliché, this list changes somewhat from day to day although some tracks won't be going anywhere :)

Guest glitch191
1. slow this bird down (the only boc track that's made me cry :cry2: )

How can you cry because that track? I don't hear any sadness in Slow This Bird Down. I understand you can find music to be sad but I don't understand "Why Slow This Bird Down?".

1. slow this bird down (the only boc track that's made me cry :cry2: )

How can you cry because that track? I don't hear any sadness in Slow This Bird Down. I understand you can find music to be sad but I don't understand "Why Slow This Bird Down?".

i dunno, i've teared up a few times, listening to that track

Guest BunnyRabbit
1. the way you show... just feel like im enveloped in melody when that comes on. mint.

Are you sure the track you like is called that? I ask because a) the old tunes track titles can be pretty messed up (there's alot of wrongness out on SLSK etc) B) it doesn't suggest being enveloped in melody to me. It's the one that samples Kool And The Gang's Celebrate.

Apologies if it is that one, just didn't sound right.

Random order

Amo Bishop Roden

Telephastic Workshop

Roygbiv

Pete Standing Alone

Olson

Dandelion

Finity

Oirectine

Satellite Anthem Icarus

yeah, that one puzzles me a bit. i mean, it's interesting to hear, but it's not like you can put that one on repeat and crank it up loud in the car.

Guest contrapunctus

^^yeah but theres something about it that triggers some really distinctive memories, it's the music, not leslie nielson's voice

Are you sure the track you like is called that? I ask because a) the old tunes track titles can be pretty messed up (there's alot of wrongness out on SLSK etc) B) it doesn't suggest being enveloped in melody to me. It's the one that samples Kool And The Gang's Celebrate.

Apologies if it is that one, just didn't sound right.

oh gosh! you are right?! i'm so confused :( can anyone name this little whippersnapper for me? i've had a quick look through the 3 volumes but can't find any other 2min 56sec tracks in my collection... FS!

so details, on my computer, the file is-

name : A19 - the way you show

length: 2:06

side b track 2 Oo

coded by chaosmachine

seriously must have had this file since early 2004 at least... i just don't know what to believe any more ¬_¬

thanks for pointing that out bunny, your reward will be in rabbit heaven!

fall.

t_know_what_to_believe_any_more_.mp3

oh gosh! you are right?! i'm so confused :( can anyone name this little whippersnapper for me? i've had a quick look through the 3 volumes but can't find any other 2min 56sec tracks in my collection... FS!

so details, on my computer, the file is-

name : A19 - the way you show

length: 2:06

side b track 2 Oo

coded by chaosmachine

seriously must have had this file since early 2004 at least... i just don't know what to believe any more ¬_¬

thanks for pointing that out bunny, your reward will be in rabbit heaven!

fall.

i've never released anything called 'the way you show'..

does it sound like this:

http://chaosmachine.net/oldstuff/thanks/ch...n_for_today.mp3

?

Nah, it doesn't sound like 'a reason for today', but thanks for sharing. I can upload a larger clip of the song if need be, but its a pretty unique tune in my opinion, probably the most damaged track i have heard, kinda like the extract of 'duffy'... guess its time to head over to fredd's pages.

fall.

Nah, it doesn't sound like 'a reason for today', but thanks for sharing. I can upload a larger clip of the song if need be, but its a pretty unique tune in my opinion, probably the most damaged track i have heard, kinda like the extract of 'duffy'... guess its time to head over to fredd's pages.

fall.

oh, i just listened to the sample.. it's birthday tape, aka "chaosmachine - incandescent autumn", aka track 17 on watmm volume 1 :)

glad you like it. there's more here..

Guest BunnyRabbit

fall.

oh, i just listened to the sample.. it's birthday tape, aka "chaosmachine - incandescent autumn", aka track 17 on watmm volume 1 :)

glad you like it. there's more here..

LOLarama! Fall's favourite BOC track is by Chaosmachine? Amazing.

wow.

you can probably imagine how i feel right now! i downloaded old tunes 1 and 2 about two years ago, and the majority of 'a few old tunes vol2' was actually what has turned out to be 'a few old tunes'... wasn't even aware that there was 3 old tunes. that's what i get for living in a house 800 years old for 7 months i guess. Seriously chaosmachine, i have been convinced since i first heard that tune it was boc, i have even played it in a set at a club in my town. lol this is so amusing, i even decided that it was my second best song that i had discovered in 2004, only being beaten by u-ziq's hasty boom alert.

on one hand i am bemused that a song i love so much suddenly isn't by boc, but on the other i am actually meeting the guy who made it. Fucking A! nice one chaosmachine, this song means a lot to me.

fall.

Guest tht! tne

june 9th

nlogax

telephasic workshop

kaini industries

aquarius

in a beautiful place out in the country

julie and candy

alpha and omega

dawn chorus

Guest glitch191
wow.

you can probably imagine how i feel right now! i downloaded old tunes 1 and 2 about two years ago

What?!? There's Old Tunes 1 and 2 downloadable?!? That mush be insanely rare. I'd so like to hear these cassettes! :smiling: All I could find of rare was Boc Maxima, that is, by the way, very good. That's frustrating how Boards of Canada censured their oldies to the public! :cry: At least there's Twoism, that is available, which I loved a lot! :wub:

This is fun, if impossible. Gonna keep it restricted to "full tracks," even though I really like some of the shorter ones. Not that surprised that nothing from TCH made the cut, though I like that album muchly.

1) 5-9-78 (godly)

2) Kid For Today (equally godly)

3) julie and candy (complete psychadelic mindfuck)

4) buckie high (hmm, how'd this get up this high?)

5) sequoia

6) oirectine (creepy cool)

7) telephasic workshop (I even like the "funky fresh")

8) turqoise hexagon sun

9) roygbiv

10) everthing you do is a balloon (these last three for old time's sake, though they don't do much for me anymore)

wow.

you can probably imagine how i feel right now! i downloaded old tunes 1 and 2 about two years ago

What?!? There's Old Tunes 1 and 2 downloadable?!? That mush be insanely rare. I'd so like to hear these cassettes! :smiling: All I could find of rare was Boc Maxima, that is, by the way, very good. That's frustrating how Boards of Canada censured their oldies to the public! :cry: At least there's Twoism, that is available, which I loved a lot! :wub:

lol ... i sense n00bness! go on slsk dood

Guest BunnyRabbit

wow.

lol ... i sense n00bness! go on slsk dood

Heh, be nice to the johnny come latelys. You need to be on the look out for A Few Old Tunes, Old Tunes Vol 1 and Old Tunes Vol 2. Each is from casette and has two side so be sure and get them all. Beware of fakes! Check what you get against the track times here -

fredd-e-narfum

• 2 weeks later...
Guest felttipen

probably not in order

Poppy seed

Ina beautiful place in the country

84 pontiac dream

seeya later (but only this poor quality version i downloaded of it, sounds much better)

Aquarius

everything u do is a ballon

turquiose hexagon sun

the beach at redpoint

oirectine

kid for today

• 2 weeks later...
Guest glitch191
probably not in order

seeya later (but only this poor quality version i downloaded of it, sounds much better)

A bunch of BoC's tracks sound poor quality. :huh: I think you mean Hi Scores' and Twoism's Seeya Laters. Yeah the "poor quality version" of Twoism is better.

Guest William_T_Love

No particular order:

whitewater

julie and candy

everything you do is a balloon

slow this bird down

over the horizon radar

you could feel the sky

in a beautiful place out in the country

roygbiv

olson

honourable mention:

zoetrope

dawn chorus

orange romeda

poppy seed remix

dead dogs II remix

Well, this is a tough one. Here goes:

1. Gyroscope - even after all this time, still freaks me out

2. Forest Moon - some of the most beautiful tones i've heard in a song

3. Telephasic Workshop - the chopped up voices are scary in a good way

4. Corsair - reminds me of driving past the oil refinery at sunset...a mixture of orange lights and blue sky..pretty

5. Aquarius - extremely groovy

6. Kid for Today - trippy airplane noises...even trippier when an actual airplane flies overhead during this song

7. Nlogax - used to hate this one...but when the synth riff comes in it's wild

8. Sunshine Recorder - see Telephasic Workshop

9. Ataronchronon - easily my favorite song from THC...even if it's short.

10. Red Moss - the beats are mind boggling

Well, this is a tough one. Here goes:

1. Gyroscope - even after all this time, still freaks me out

2. Forest Moon - some of the most beautiful tones i've heard in a song

3. Telephasic Workshop - the chopped up voices are scary in a good way

4. Corsair - reminds me of driving past the oil refinery at sunset...a mixture of orange lights and blue sky..pretty

5. Aquarius - extremely groovy

6. Kid for Today - trippy airplane noises...even trippier when an actual airplane flies overhead during this song

7. Nlogax - used to hate this one...but when the synth riff comes in it's wild

8. Sunshine Recorder - see Telephasic Workshop

9. Ataronchronon - easily my favorite song from TCH...even if it's short.

10. Red Moss - the beats are mind boggling

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, to be fair, this would take me all day to do, and much as I love cob, I just can't justify that amount of time going through BoC material. Or maybe it's just a great excuse to listen to the entire catalogue from start to finish...

Archived