IGNORED

new track

Guest mushroom

hello!

drums should be louder. (this is a commonly overlooked dynamic.)

also, i feel that it starts very slowly, and has little momentum. there isn't much to go on with this, nothing to pull me in.

quite long, too i'd say.

anyway, keep it up. i'm glad you use .oggs.

Guest mushroom

I suppose the kick could be a bit louder, but the snares and claps are at the right volume, I think. I don't want the percussion to overpower what I think is a melody-driven track(a first for me). Oggs are great, I love open-source software. Thanks for the feedback.

Guest Josefmcb

i too reckons the drums are a bit quiet- i think the snares and claps could be a wee bit louder too.

i love that slow reverb'd arpeggio that comes in around 2 minutes. i think when that two-note synth melody comes back in shortly after it kinda spoils it though- it works at the beginning of the track but maybe would've been nice to see some other development here (imo).

there also doesn't seem to be much development after that point- it kinda looks like it's going places but doesn't really move.

this is just my opinion of course. it was almost a really nice track, maybe if you took it that little bit further..? :-)

Guest mushroom

I figured I could accomplish at least somewhat substantial development by throwing in more percussion, but now that you mention it, I could add something more at the end.

But really, there isn't much I love more than hearing opinions about my music from the properly experienced, it's almost as great as making it. Thank you.

Guest mushroom

Revised, see link on first post.

I added some drum fills along with a couple of new patterns at the end. Again, feedback much appreciated.

Guest Mrs Jynx

- reverb arpeggio thingy - creates nice edgey harmonies - nice. All the sounds are really clear and well spaced too. Agree the kick drum maybe needs a little more volume. :grin:

Archived