IGNORED

vocoder electro

Guest ۞ Syntheme ۞

Guest ۞ Syntheme ۞

though't i'd have another go with vokator. kind of electro-ish. a bit messy and jerky.

here it is

Guest Bad Influence

Drums are good, kick is nice and deep. Vocoder is nice and trippy could do with being a bit louder though. Don't usually listen to electro but is pretty cool.

Guest Promo

Yeah, I like this. Probably need a few listens but sounding good so far. Reminds me of Drexciya but definitely has some electro funkiness to it. So come on how you get that vocoder sounding so Zapp & Roger funky? What's the secret?

Guest ۞ Syntheme ۞
Drums are good, kick is nice and deep. Vocoder is nice and trippy could do with being a bit louder though. Don't usually listen to electro but is pretty cool.

cheers

Yeah, I like this. Probably need a few listens but sounding good so far. Reminds me of Drexciya but definitely has some electro funkiness to it. So come on how you get that vocoder sounding so Zapp & Roger funky? What's the secret?

cheers. i don't know zapp and roger (but i'll check em out tonite).

this is wot i done:

1. the synth has a short delay before the lfo pitch mod comes into effect
  2. i used a rap acapella as the modulator for the vokator
  3. i set the clip to complex stretch mode (in ableton)
  4. then moved the clip markers about a short loop until i liked the vocoded effect
  5. the synth also went to a echo return channel
  6. i let some of the original synth signal through to that channel at the end of the vocoded bits

there are also bits of chopped up marvin gaye in there too (not vocoded) - just 1/16th bar loops of "sexual healing" acapella (i started the track as a remix of that but lost interest pretty quickly) --- > those bits probably make the vocodered bits sound a bit richer

Guest ۞ Syntheme ۞

took it in a different direction, bifurcation in action

i don't like either track though, but i learned a little from the experience

Guest Promo
took it in a different direction, bifurcation in action

i don't like either track though, but i learned a little from the experience

That's a bit harsh. Its not bad at all. Trust me I'd tell if it wasn't that great.

Guest ۞ Syntheme ۞

cheers promo, yeah the tracks aren't bad but if they were by someone else, I wouldn't want to listen to them more than once.

I usually scrap tracks that i think are missing factor X at an early stage, but with the past couple of tracks, i thought that i'd persevere.

I'm kind of thinking my previous approach was better - jump ship early! :O)

Guest analogue wings
there are also bits of chopped up marvin gaye in there too (not vocoded) - just 1/16th bar loops of "sexual healing" acapella (i started the track as a remix of that but lost interest pretty quickly)

That a capella should be kept in a jewel-encrusted golden urn at the Vatican.

I've got a remix of it on my MySpace :rolleyes:

Guest analogue wings
So come on how you get that vocoder sounding so Zapp & Roger funky? What's the secret?

For the 50 zillionth time - Roger uses a talkbox, not a vocoder.

A talkbox is an acoustic effect that you get by sticking a tube in your mouth and using your mouth as resonating filter. It's very hard to do well becaise you have to form plosives and fricatives normally, but make voiced phonemes "airlessly". That's why Roger is so special.

Archived