IGNORED

Monome-DS

yeah.

the thing i still don't understand though: is the monome (the original) offer a sequencer functionality at all? or is it essentially just a midi note send/receive controller device and you have to take care of sequencing part yourself?

yeah.

the thing i still don't understand though: is the monome (the original) offer a sequencer functionality at all? or is it essentially just a midi note send/receive controller device and you have to take care of sequencing part yourself?

it's... odd, you program it with a language and give it commands, so it's like a piece of max code or something, basically. You can have it react in many different ways.

I beleive so, the code and hardware design are all open source tho so lots of odd mods abound, like the accelerometer attached to the monome so you can roll it around to make changes. It might be all through software on the pc communicating with the monome via usb but you're essentially coding how it behaves.

i see. so the DS version probably won't have any functionalities other than note send/receive. which is actually sufficient, we can make our own seqencers/whatever in things like pd/max/reaktor

it already connects over wifi, it's using a ds wifi midi standard that's established for quite some time now.

we'll see. i'm interested, cause i have a ds :)

Archived