IGNORED

Jungle/dnb voice samples

qnio

the ones that you hear all over Go Plastic (for example).

where do they come from??

and... where can i download them? hopefuly some uncompressed, cd quality samples (with no extra effects)

thanks.

Guest tht! tne

i guess they come from ragga/dancehall/digital bashment records

i searched for these before; try searching the board for "cappellae"

that should bring up the thread which had a link to a bunch of a cappella hip-hop and maybe some reggae

They come from many places. Soundclash, records, movies, etc.

Your best source is a sound clash. Preferably something from the early to mid 90's. For example, a shit ton of tracks were made out of a King Addies clash from 1994. Remarc's Soundmurderer, Rude & Deadly's Mash Dem Down, Devious D's Listen Dis, Remarc's RIP, and plenty more sampled the shit out of it.

The one's on Go Plastic come from mostly jungle records, if not all of them. Probably one's he ripped from his own collection of jungle. The riddim in My Fucking Sound after the big break comes from a Congo Natty record, which Congo Natty sampled from a sound clash. The bad boy vocals come from Krome & Time's remix of Johnny Jungle's Killa Sound. The Top Cat vocals, that looped hey sound and some lasers are all lifted from Dj Gunshot's Wheel & Deal. You can also hear that hey sound in a lot of other jungle records, probably sampled off of that tune. He also used it in Venus No. 17, the acid mix. That come selector vocal is taken from a jungle track, though I'm not sure what. I think it's an old Hype or Zinc track on Ganja Records. They probably sampled it from some live jungle show with an MC. Sounds like Det or someone.

You can download clashes from http://www.clashes-r-us.com/ All you have to do is register an account (it's free). The problem is that those tapes are old and have lost quite a bit of quality. You might be able to find a few good vocal licks off of a new clash with much higher quality, but the mc's are usually shit, screaming about nothing. Mighty Crown is a good example of that. Anything to do with the early 90's reggae/dancehall scene seems to fit VERY well with jungle. Most of the good jungle made these days rarely samples from new stuff. Almost every Soundmurderer track uses vocals that are at least 10 years old. Downloading acapellas on soulseek won't help much because most of them are new and just don't fit into that sound.

These artists have been used quite a bit in jungle and sound fucking great in it:

Cutty Ranks

Shabba Ranks

Ninjaman

Top Cat

Poison Chang

Bounty Killer (old stuff)

Garnett Silk

Buju Banton (old stuff)

You should be able to find a few old acapellas of their's that you could put to use.

You can also sample from movies, though some are harder to come by. Babylon is a good example of that.

http://www.rarovideo.com/moduli/rarovideo/...sp?itemId=18899

All tons of stuff has been sampled out of that film.

You can also search out samples here: http://www.rolldabeats.com/forum/index.php?showforum=17 There are clips on some of the stuff so you can hear what the fuck it is.

Oh... The "you sound" sample in Exploding Psychology is probably sampled from another jungle record (Champion Sound), but the person saying that is Fuzzy Jones. I can give you like 40 vocals pieces from him. He did intros on a lot of 80's King Tubby productions.

Archived