IGNORED

previous posts on stutter fx/ v.snares

Guest someonenew

Guest someonenew

can anyone help me out here please?

i saw a post a while back on drum break programming in 1/32triplet timing with a reason screenshot & audio example. i now wanted to check out the thread but cant find it. anyone point me in the right direction as i am trying out this style on a project at the moment & was in need of a little help

Guest welcome to the machine
can anyone help me out here please?

i saw a post a while back on drum break programming in 1/32triplet timing with a reason screenshot & audio example. i now wanted to check out the thread but cant find it. anyone point me in the right direction as i am trying out this style on a project at the moment & was in need of a little help

what do you need help with? most of it is fairly self explanatory, if you want your drums to go dzdzdzdzdz, use consectutive hits at 64ths, if you want them do go dtdtdtd use 32nds, dudududuud 16ths, dutdutdutdut 8ths, dut dut dut dut 4ths etc.

just play around and get used to the sound of consecutive hits at different divisions, there is no direct process to getting glitchy drum sounds, just trial and error and 'what you like' :)

Guest someonenew

yeah, thanks guys

after searching about, it looks like renoise is the way to go. i've just d/loaded the trail version.

give that a go & theres plenty of tutorials/help about for this.

welcome to... my post was more about the triplet timing than the 64th, 32nd, 16th stutters, but i'll mess about with renoise anyway

one hit every 3 boxes/steps, with the 3rd only lasting 2, doesnt matter if its 16/32/64th

Guest welcome to the machine
welcome to... my post was more about the triplet timing than the 64th, 32nd, 16th stutters, but i'll mess about with renoise anyway

one hit every 3 boxes/steps, with the 3rd only lasting 2, doesnt matter if its 16/32/64th

hehe, thats not a triplet, a triplet is three evenly spaced beats over 4, they all have to be the same length! what you described is like the first bar of a clave, its a great rhythm, but not a triplet.

yeah i misread in the first post :)

Archived