IGNORED

Hello and Help

Guest tbio2007

Guest tbio2007

Love all the artists on here but when it comes to equipment and actually making electronic music I am a bit of a dope so don't laugh if I ask stupid questions.

1) An average Synth would cost how much?

2) ' Drum Machine '?

3) Do any of you know of a Trance musican named The Field? I would love it if someone could tell me what equipment he uses. If not what is the average set up for Trance?

4) What's the best sequencer for Electronic music?

dunno about trance, but my advice (as a profeesional studio engineer) would be the following...

forget about synths and drum machines.

get yourself a good pc, and get a pc based sequencer ... cubase, cakewalk, logic, ableton, whatever.

learn how to use it.

using the interwebs, download as many free vsts as you can (vst=virtual synth technology)

learn how they work, and how to make sounds with them.

(inciodentally, if you check mosca's free plugs thread, which i believe is pinned, you'll find more than you need to be going on with.)

once you've learned the basics of sequencing, sound design, production, synthesis etc etc, than you will be in a place where you know what kind, if any, of hardware you might want to buy.

going the software route is a fantastic learning opportunity. in terms of practical music processing, you could get a studio fo free (you'd probably have to d/l/ a couple of barely legal exes), that if you were to equivalent it in hardware, would probably cost you about a quarter of a million quid.

3) Do any of you know of a Trance musican named The Field? I would love it if someone could tell me what equipment he uses. If not what is the average set up for Trance?

The Field isn't trance, at all. He probably uses some type of sampler as I'm fairly sure the 'Field' refers to field recordings.

Guest ezkerraldean

i paid £110 for my MIDI controller. Fiver for a shit drum machine off a mate, two keyboards and a pedal from carboot sales, £20 in total. I havent paid for any of my software (which doesnt mean its pirated, its all freeware stuff off magazine discs, not Reason or Cubase or any of that over-rated bullshit)

Archived