IGNORED

samplers, sample cds, and mapping

YEK

so i want to do this. just bought a yamaha sampler and wanted to buy my first sample cd. the thing is i was curious how these things work.

are the samples say a sample of middle c? and it's as easy as that??? or do they come with many many many samples of many notes????????????????????? which you assign all along the keyboard , that's something i don't know how to do yet but i know it's possible

Guest Adjective

it could be either way

if it's multiple samples of like a piano or something, they are often labeled by note so you don't have to guess the key

and yeah C4 i think is default

look for free sample packs maybe, maybe in the form of a free reason refill and then use a refill unpacker to get the samples out, or something like that

Umm, if you're talking about a hardware sampler with a midi controller, most of the time they just pitch shift one sample. That's why computer software usually sounds better than samplers emulating instruments. They're not really supposed to be used to make things sound 'real,' except for sample-based keyboards [which most still do a degree of pitchshifting, just a lot less].

Unless, of course, you know for sure you can assign particular samples to each note [which would take a LOT of space up on the sampler]. If the latter is true, then just look it up in the manual. If it's not in there, it probably doesn't have the ability.

yeah it's there, i just don't know how to do it yet. and i read the sample cd site and it looks like it does support multi samplkes sooooooooo i'm ready to go. just need the intiative.

Archived