IGNORED

take flight

Guest locum76

Guest locum76

hi all.

i've added a new track to myspace from the album i'm working on - its called 'take flight'.

please listen and let me know what you think.

www.myspace.com/loc76

cheers.

loc.

begins quite lovelyly. the beats comes in nicely too, though i don't like the sounds used very much (that sortof distorted reverb). then i would've expected more variation. the mood's pretty nice, delicate.

I liked the synths alot better than the drums, which I felt just kind of sat there feeling very out of palce. The drum set used feels very generic.

The synth lines used were very fun and I felt like a track without the beat elements of just that sort of thing would be much better!

Guest locum76

thanks for the feedback folks. regards the drums - i spent a long time trying to figure out what i wanted to do with them and your comments make sense to me. i might reprise them.

nice start... bass and synth sound great...

when the drums kicked in, i thought it might turn into a real liquid d&b track... but it didn't...

and, after listening, i do wish it was more of a breakbeat... more percussive elements, more hits, more variation. the quieter snare is overused and ends up distracting me....

also, the synth melody needs a more clear evolution in my mind. maybe some trips up and down a higher range of the scale, maybe let the pad go to sleep a bit more, like you do at the end, and then adding another melodic element.

good ideas in this track!

Archived