IGNORED

AB5

Guest Helper ET

Guest Helper ET

so a while back, i lost all my AFX files and have slowly started to download them all again. so i just got AB5, and i'm listening to it right now, and it doesn't sound like the AB5 i've grown to love. i'm about a minute in the first track now. tell me this.....does your versions begin with a low bumping sound, or a zz zz zz zz zzz zzz? when i had all my AFX, it started out with the bumping, but this version has this weird little sound happening over top of it. my question to you is are there different versions of this song, or is this someone fucking with an AFX track?

i have an idea that perhaps AFX makes different versions of his songs then uploads his own albums with the different versions. i'm not saying this is the case here but maybe.

so anyone have any clue what i'm talking about?

Guest Rogueofmv
positive, it's definitely sequenced, i'm near the end of the track now, i can stick hear it

Okay then. It just may be a variation, if it's not a faulty disc or stereo upchuck.

I'd expect as much from RDJ.

Guest Helper ET
zz zz zz zz

then lots of low bumping

wow. then it's true. there's different versions of this song. my old version didn't have the zz zz zz. whether or not they are both by AFX i don't know. we need an AFX expert stat!

I'm guessing you had the ultra low quality vers floating around SLSK.

i think not, no matter how low the quality would have been, this little buzz chirping wouldn't have been inaudible

Guest Laughable Butane Bob

There was the OLD version off the cassette, and I have a new FLAC recorded off a fresh AB5 vinyl. It sounds AMAZING

maybe your old version had the track numbers mixed up?

Guest Helper ET
There was the OLD version off the cassette, and I have a new FLAC recorded off a fresh AB5 vinyl. It sounds AMAZING

maybe your old version had the track numbers mixed up?

i don't see why track numbers would matter. it was track 1, and this one now is also track 1. are you saying that the cassette version is different from the vinyl version? because that would explain it

Guest Helper ET
Was Caustic's post helpful to you?

[Yes] [No]

We appreciate your feedback.

[Yes] [somewhat] [No]

it's just that caustic knows his shit, ya know?

Guest Helper ET

no dude you're wrong. no amount of degraded quality could eliminate this buzzing sound, it's too loud in the mix. also the bumping sound in the beginning, does this thing before it starts going, sounds like delay or something.

i could upload this thing, and someone could degrade the quality all they wanted, and we'd still here it

Guest Helper ET

OK. i think i'm convinced. i even remember this song sounding really flat like it had no high end. someone just fucked up the track. sorry for wasting everyone's time. my old version started out with this bumping, now this new (the real one) takes about 10 seconds or so for the bumping to start, so that means not only did someone rape the quality of this song, possibly even EQing it, but they edited out the beginning too. why god?

Guest Helper ET

does it sound like the hum of analord and drukqs?

machine humming should be a genre of it's own. interesting textures of different hummings. i'll start it damnit...

Archived