Saenger Theatre @ 9:00 PM

Thursday, July 3, 2008 Birmingham, AL US

Alabama Theatre @ 9:00 PM

Saturday, July 5, 2008 Atlanta, GA US

Fox Theatre @ 9:00 PM

great press conference video on: http://www.tomwaits.com/

coming no where near me sadly :(

Guest awkward

hes touring europe too. no dates yet but he mentions dublin.

probably means he'll get around to coming around the rest of the US too

Funny how in the last decade Tom always goes for uncommon cities in his (small) tours. He gets far away from New York and San Francisco as possible, he's too known there I guess compared to Tulsa...

Guest Dassler

tickets on sale friday 16th

http://www.ticketmaster.com/artist/736410/...m_header_search

and cool info about tickets:

“In keeping with Waits’ longtime desire to allow fans the best possible access to his shows, the Waits’ organization is again implementing an anti-scalping program to assure patrons that their tickets can only be purchased at face value (plus normal surcharges and handling fees). At the majority of shows on this tour, Ticketmaster is introducing their Paperless Ticket™ system. Prior to entering the venue, fans must simply provide their credit card which was used to purchase the tickets, along with a government issued ID. The fan’s accompanying guest must be present at that time. An attendant will swipe the credit card and provide a receipt for the transaction. The entire process is quick, secure and simple. Tickets will only be sold via the internet and by phone and are limited to two per person.”

• 1 month later...
Guest Deep Fried Everything

i'm going to show up at the orpheum and see if i can somehow score a ticket tonight..... anybody else be there?

as always, check ticketbastard the day of show... i scored an 8th row ticket around 1pm PST today for tonight's show :angry:

exactly why i was referring to them as ticketbastard. what choice do i have when the show is sold out though and this is my best shot at getting a ticket without having to scalp for much more than face? i pull the trigger.

the service charges, etc for this ticket came out to be ~$17, though i think some of that went to the venue, so not all to ticketmaster.

aannnyyyyyways, the show was awesome, i'd never seen tom waits before live and in fact only have a single album and heard other scant few random songs. he's not the kind of guy who i'd follow all over the country trying to go to lots of shows for, but i can see why people do. it was kinda funny though, especially when playing the piano something always seemed to be breaking his concentration, he'd pause for a sec and mutter something under his breath ala "ohgodwhereiwasi gointherewhoops, shit its hot" and then wander back on track.

two thumbs up, would see again :beer:

Guest Dassler

what a fucking awesome show tonight. first time i see tom waits, and I loved the show. he played for about 2 hours, maybe a little more. he played most mule variations material. it was awesome when he sat down at the piano and the song got the mood of a conversation with the bassist.

I'm seeing him tomorrow too :ok:

• 1 month later...

Archived