IGNORED

Zephyr Nova Music

Zephyr_Nova

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum, felt now would be an appropriate time to share some stuff.

This is my latest: http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?PID=728093&t=1096

It's got pads made out of orchestras, glitched out found sound percussion, lots of fun programming trickery. Lemme know what you think.

This is probably my favorite track that I've done: http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?PID=701178&t=6325

It's melodic, emotional drill 'n' bass, jazz sensibilities, intricate drum programming --most of which is doubled using two separate break beats, one left, one right.

I've got 38 other tracks posted on that profile as well, all made within the last year.

Anyone who wants feedback from me on something, just mention so along with your reply. I'll be listening to some of what's already posted in the meantime.

Cheers,

-Eric

hey man.

checked out your suggestion...

this is not really the kind of stuff i dig.

however,

this is pretty slick shit. and i like the separated rigs in the L and R. all the sounds seeem pretty damn well controlled and constructed. can't really fault you at that (not that i know that much).

you should get off that penis pumping site and host yourself somewhere. 10 out 10 everytime is tom jenkins. also, post more and reviews others more.

hey man.

however,

this is pretty slick shit. and i like the separated rigs in the L and R. all the sounds seeem pretty damn well controlled and constructed. can't really fault you at that (not that i know that much).

you should get off that penis pumping site and host yourself somewhere. 10 out 10 everytime is tom jenkins. also, post more and reviews others more.

Thanks for checking it out. The ratings on that site don't mean anything --most artists get straight 10/10 averages. I just love getting the feedback and getting in contact with a lot of likeminded minded artists. That site is quite good for exposure and I highly recommend it to anyone who wants their music heard.

Tom Jenkins definitely has his mind blowingly amazing tracks, but I don't think he strikes gold every time. Talented guy though.

Guest IdironBoomtracks

alright mate! :D nice to see youve started posting.

and guys, back off! i already bagsied collaberating with him! :rolleyes:

Guest IdironBoomtracks

hey man.

however,

Thanks for checking it out. The ratings on that site don't mean anything --most artists get straight 10/10 averages. I just love getting the feedback and getting in contact with a lot of likeminded minded artists. That site is quite good for exposure and I highly recommend it to anyone who wants their music heard.

Tom Jenkins definitely has his mind blowingly amazing tracks, but I don't think he strikes gold every time. Talented guy though.

hmm, as you kno, i kinda quit a few months back now... that website is too much commitment. if you dont leave a 8,9 or 10 people get offended.

Idiron, glad to see you're posting here! And let's get this collab thing underway.

It really is too bad people are so reluctant to be critical on AP. When I first joined up I was giving out a lot of 5's and 6's, and yeah, people didn't take that very well. I find when I leave a critical review now though I often get an email thanking me for not just kissing ass, which is cool. I mostly just review the music I like, or give criticism when I think a track's got potential and could use constructive feedback.

Thanks for the heads up androne. I didn't realize the song promo was a no-no for newbies. I just thought it would be a good way to introduce myself (being a music maker and all). I fully intend to continue posting here as a regular user. Hopefully no one's too offended that I plugged my stuff so early in the game. :sorcerer:

heard this yesterday, not my cup of tea, but its well produced well arranged, has momentum passion and nice vocal interplay, even if it has one too many spoonfuls of TJ

Guest IdironBoomtracks
Idiron, glad to see you're posting here! And let's get this collab thing underway.

It really is too bad people are so reluctant to be critical on AP. When I first joined up I was giving out a lot of 5's and 6's, and yeah, people didn't take that very well. I find when I leave a critical review now though I often get an email thanking me for not just kissing ass, which is cool. I mostly just review the music I like, or give criticism when I think a track's got potential and could use constructive feedback.

Thanks for the heads up androne. I didn't realize the song promo was a no-no for newbies. I just thought it would be a good way to introduce myself (being a music maker and all). I fully intend to continue posting here as a regular user. Hopefully no one's too offended that I plugged my stuff so early in the game. :sorcerer:

haha mate, my first post back on the old watmm was along the lines of HI MY NAMES IDRUN AND I MAEK MUSIC, dont worry.

as for ap, i feel kinda nostalgic now... i think i might upload the 15 songs ive made since and give reviews back to all them lovely people... i also havnt checked for any new bex songs recently...

oh, and we start the collaberation by screaming into a mic slayer.gif

Guest androne

no one is offended, post as many songs as you like. there is no rule about posting songs (at least not that im aware of) i havent read the rules myself actually.

no one is offended, post as many songs as you like. there is no rule about posting songs (at least not that im aware of) i havent read the rules myself actually.

lol :santa: --I thought you were warning me. It says not to post self-promo until you're a well established and respected poster here. :squarepusher:

Guest Pinflux

Well, I signed up to the website just so could download that song (at 320kbps!?)...

I really like it man, super-interesting drum sounds. It makes me think of lots of little crystals. I have no idea why.

crystals.jpg

Gonna go listen to your other stuff now, cheers for that!

Well, I signed up to the website just so could download that song (at 320kbps!?)...

I really like it man, super-interesting drum sounds. It makes me think of lots of little crystals. I have no idea why.

Gonna go listen to your other stuff now, cheers for that!

Thanks man!

Any mp3s I upload are 256 or 320kbps because otherwise the high highs and bottom end sounds shite to me. If I'm going to give away my music for free, might as well give it away at the quality it's intended to be heard at. :jedi:

This board has the best smilies.

Guest Pinflux

Holy crap dude, I downloaded the collection (:P) and I'm going through them now. Some AMAZING stuff man! Your drum programming in particular is ridiculously cool, but I also like the fact that you're experimenting with crazy soundscapes and samples. Luuurve Nietzsche's Moustache (specially it's skittery beats - very Matmos).

Well, I'm less than a quarter of the way through so far, and enjoying it all very much :D Definately burn-to-a-CD-or-two-for-listening-at-course material!

Please stick around, I for one would appreciate your comments on the board! I'd highly recommend finding server space for direct downloads as well as the acidplanet option though, otherwise a considerable chunk of WATMMers will miss out on your sounds.

I'm thrilled you're enjoying it so much!

And you raise a good point about direct downloads. I'll have to look into that. Any suggestions on places to host?

I will be sure to stick around --I can't even escape this forum because there are so many threads that catch my eye!

Archived