IGNORED

POST YOUR MOST RECENT PIC!

Guest boo

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that seat fabric is really familiar

is that a Greyhound bus? cause one of my school buses was a secondhand Greyhound bus.. and i think it had that fabric

I'm not sure what company the bus was from, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't Greyhound, since it was much shorter than one of those huge charters. Pretty much any charter bus in the states has seat fabric like that, though. Not sure why they think it's stylish...

actually i remember it was a Stagecoach bus to Exeter that had that fabric. it must be a generic bus seat fabric..

i wonder if they do think it's stylish, probably not.. it's been around for about 15 years

Guest Iain C

It's a pretty generic style for public transport! You can see similar patterns on the tube. Someone even made some trainers out of old tube seats:

3078436326_b99852c7d6.jpg

Guest Iain C

Well, you're a car man so you probably don't use public transport very often; I don't drive and I've noticed that everything from London buses to GNER intercity trains use a pretty similar, distinctive "Stagecoach Modernist" style for their upholstery.

Guest Iain C

I considered getting a pair until I realised they were actually pretty shit, it's a nice idea but I'll stick with classic Converse for that sort of thing.

Guest abusivegeorge

Yeah thats a pretty kool idea I guess, they just scream hipster to me, and you said you aren't one, and I trust you Iain, don't let me down.

Guest Iain C

Yeah, basically there's no way you could make those shoes look good, which is why I decided not to get them even though I thought it was a cool idea!

(They're actually made using old tube seats for the fabric, and recycled tyres for the rubber. Every pair is slightly different I think.)

i'm sure i've stared at that pattern whilst thinking about stuff.

i was looking for some new trainers recently, when i found some i liked they were from a brand called dsquared2 and were like 400 euros :(

Guest Iain C

I'm happy enough with cheap converse, if they even count as trainers, but I don't really like sports shoes that much anyway. Give me a pair of brogues or boat shoes!

no socks

i'm considering some normal shoes cause i hate most trainers, from trying to buy some new ones i found out i only like "retro runners"

plus some smart shoes might help me get a job

edit: dfhskj

well, my mum would only get us shoes from Shoe Express at one point.. and Converse was one of the brands they had. so i've always thought they were crap

Guest Iain C

Nothing wrong with them! Pretty classic chuck-like design, nothing offensive about the materials or colour...

i didn't know that editing the bit about converse trainers from my post would have these consequences. sorry

Archived