IGNORED

a thread on rackmount synthesizers

YEK

ok, first, my audio devices in my rig,

yamaha dx-7 (also used as a midi keyboard , casio sk-1 for sampling, gameboy with nanoloop for sampling

now as you may guess i want a rack synth for sampling, because my setup revolves around sampling

i have a couple in mind but i'd like to know what is out there

i was thinking maybe a novation bass station or a nord lead 1, what else goes for a good price, has good sound which would compliment my dx-7, and is perhaps an overlooked synth

CHeerrss guys~

Well then use a hardware midi sequencer. You must be using one already anyway unless you're just playing keys on top of a drum loop live.

You just are going to lose a lot by sampling a synth that way. I mean I used to do it back when all I had was a shit Alesis QS6 and Scream Tracker on my 386, but it's less than ideal.

Well then use a hardware midi sequencer. You must be using one already anyway unless you're just playing keys on top of a drum loop live.

You just are going to lose a lot by sampling a synth that way. I mean I used to do it back when all I had was a shit Alesis QS6 and Scream Tracker on my 386, but it's less than ideal.

i'm using an rs7000

perhaps i should just stick to samples and such....

Well wait why? I mean isn't the rs7000 a 16 track sequencer? No reason not to use it to sequence 4 voices of the NL along with the DX-7, plus you can MIDI sync Nanoloop to it to integrate that with your timing as well.

I was just curious why youd want to buy a synth to sample it as it's just sort of limiting in terms of the stuff you can do with it while playing it, like filter sweeps and stuff, and also unless you do a ton of multisampling you also really limit the note range that sounds natural. Tempo sync'd LFO's won't work either.

Archived