IGNORED

volg4

Guest volg4

heres some loops ive recorded over the last couple of months....

im trying to get my overall production better, still not sure what im doing :confused:

fragnetic concussion kinda over compressed, short and simple

rename baze lazy break sound

spacejazzz not very jazzy but quite spaced out

newarp fuzzy melody 5min long

sum funk lazy break sound pt2

fragnetic concussion 8bitz video game ish

u21 a334 mellow loops, maybe a bit over maximised

u03 samplerfx scratchy pot on teh filter

i think the first four are better...

spacejazzz is really cool. I like the textures and atmosphere, very murky but in a good way.

Some production tips:

Compression is key. Try out different compression plug-ins, look for multiband compressors (enables you to maximize specific fequencies on different sounds), also look for limiters (that word doesn't look right for some reason, but I think it is).

With regards to drum programming, what are you using? Try using whatever program you've currently using in conjunction with a mixing program like Acid/Cubase/pro tools/ whatever, and use that program to chop up the drums & other sounds --it'll get the percussion sounding "tighter" (ie. you won't have two hi hat sounds running into each other unless that's what you're going for) and will allow for glitchy goodness. I think you can do all that stuff with ReCycle, Reaktor and various other programs I've never tried, so that would probably work too.

Look into acquiring good mastering software. I use T-Racks, it makes everything sound 10 times better. I know with Reason it's easy to make things sound pretty good, but without using it in conjunction with other programs it's pretty hard to make it sound GREAT. The same applies to most music making software out there.

'Rename Baze' is the first track I've heard which grabbed me. Obviously it needs development because as it stands its pretty minimal but I like the bass riff a lot and the beat was pretty phat. Be keen to hear how this one progresses.

'Spacejazz' was different I guess and quite interesting.

'Newarp' is the next track to sort of get my interest. I think fundamentally you have a nice melody going here. I could definitely hear a big phat digital synth bassline underpinning this though. To me that would give this track a solid foundation. Overall quite like it but feel like its missing an element or two. Beat could be beefed up too.

'Sum funk' was kinda fresh for this board. Minimal style tekno funk no bad but again not really much to go other than a riff.

'u21 a334' i kinda liked. Reminded me a bit of the spirit of Clatterbox and Clear Records. Not bad like the beat kinda my style. Dunno needs something to lift it into a real funkathon.

'u03 samplerfx' is not bad. IMO has potential. Reminded me a bit of Drexciya on speed. Personally some slightly nastier notes would have floated my boat and a less complex beat too. Kinda funky I felt. Again be interesting to see where it goes.

Overall nothing here yet with the exception of 'Rename Baze' which really blew me away but I can hear potential in some of these tunes and its good to hear people going in different directions.

some promising snippets there, for sure. in general, i found the breaks a bit flat and the overal sound pallette to a bit samey, but these are things that will come in time, certainly.

keep at it düd.

Archived