IGNORED

Which Universal Indicators are / feature RDJ?

Guest theflame...

red and green

:excl:

green 12" and 10" the 7" is either Grant Wilson-Claridge or mike dred

so aphex = u1 u2 k1 k2 a1 a2 c1 c2

GWC or mike dred - I and C

and the red

-

i think yellow and blue and red albums are the hardest stuff you'll find on the Universal indicator's

and trak 4 off ultra violet would of been the hardest if the drums wasnt in the off beat

but the red and green are the best acid i've ever heard...

-

here is a bit of info of the "universal indicator - innovation in the dynamics of acid" mix Cd how it was put together, still an intresting read

Very important to the foundations of Rephlex. They are much in demand and exchange hands for insane prices. So we decided to make a CD only mix.

FACTS:

Non Stop. With 21 index markers for Rewind & Fast Forward reference.

Total time of 57m57s.

57m57s is dividable by 1:01, 2:02, 3:03 & 6:06.

Reflecting the CAT numbers 101, 202, 303, 606 derived from TB303, TR606, MC202, SH101.

Therefore the marker (track times) sequence goes like this:

1:01, 2:02, 3:03, 6:06, 3:03, 2:02, 1:01, 2:02, 3:03, 6:06, 3:03, 2:02, 1:01, 2:02, 3:03, 6:06, 3:03, 2:02, 1:01, 2:02, 3:03 = 57:57.

The last track is from MC202 and finishes at 202bpm.

It finishes on 3m03s index because of the 303 'Innovation in the dynamics of Acid' principle.

I mixed it so that no 2 tracks from the same piece of vinyl or colour appear back to back.

So, anyone who owns 1 copy each of all 4 Universal Indicators can do the mix too.

I also mixed it so that it is a constantly increasing in tempo & intensity. Constantly gathering energy.

It took about 3 months to find the formula that fitted the above criteria perfectly and then perform the mix.

-

did you know that mike dred and ceephax lived together once?!

Guest greenbank

mike dreds website de-mystifies lots of the old rephlex + r&s tracks he did, some nice reading about all the various stuff there. i'm slightly sceptical of his claims to have invented the snare rush and 4 bar acid but i suppose someone did...

Guest yetihunter

red and green i'd say.

aphex has played some of the green one in his live sets a long time ago, dunno if he played the 7" tracks live mind.

mike dreds website is very comprehensive about all his releases, he wasn't involved in the green one.

although you never know whether GWC was...

Red is Richard and so is Green, with the exception of the 7" which GWC indeed made.

Man, that Mike Dred info above is crazy - sounds like something BoC would do on one of their releases...

Guest theflame...
The date on UI Red is 1989, but the actual record didn't appear until 1992, with all the other UI releases.

ahh, interesting. Thanks Joyrex!

Archived