IGNORED

drum machine (alesis sr-16)

Guest aquinas

Guest aquinas

i have an alesis sr-16 drum machine and when i hook it into anything-- computer, amp, etc-- it is totally distorted, and i can't figure out how to get clear sound

help?

try routing the output to 3 and 4 instead of 1 and 2

any better?

if not, then your alesis is fux0red.

also, before binning it, you might like trying to lower the output of the machine..

or turning down the input gain on whatever you're inputting it into.

yeah i've tried everything possible, and i'm pretty sure the output channel is shot

so the question still stands then... does it sound good distorted?

the sr-16 is a fucking great wee drum machine, though not as versatile as it's predecessor, the hr-16.

i've got an sr, and i love the step sequencer... you can do some super complex shit on it if yoou want to get up to your elbows in lots of numbers on a tiny screen.

my only complaint with it is that the kick samples are really thin... need eq'd and compressed up to fuck before they're worth using.

Guest feta lol

thats what you get for buying an alesis sr16. undependable piece of junk from the kings/queens of unreliability. what do you expect for 150 bucks?

Archived