IGNORED

frost/nixon

Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

couldn't find a thread for this already. saw it last night and was pleasantly surprised. its not a popcorn film but a great character study finely acted. not sure it is best picture but it could be best actor for nixon guy. tony blair was good too as david frost. odd to see a major movie about a tv presenter i remember mostly from 'through the keyhole'. lloyd lol

one thing i don't understand is how much fiction is involved. i mean obviously the interviews we're real but all the stuff behind them? how was the writer able to get the info or did he make it up for dramatic effect? research required.

trailer:

It's a movie. You should already have some general inclination as toward its accuracy before you watch it.

lol ok. i know that watergate happend, and i know nixon was interviewed. maybe i will read a book before i see a movie next time.

Guest Panoptimist
It's a movie. You should already have some general inclination as toward its accuracy before you watch it.

lol ok. i know that watergate happend, and i know nixon was interviewed. maybe i will read a book before i see a movie next time.

Sometimes textual discussion sucks...

...what I actually meant was based on the fact that its a movie you can guarantee there's a primacy of entertainment over any attempt to maintain "accuracy." I'd rather read the book than watch a movie anyway. I don't watch movies/tv, and in the event I do it's solely for entertainment purposes.

...what I actually meant was based on the fact that its a movie you can guarantee there's a primacy of entertainment over any attempt to maintain "accuracy."

i understand this, which is why im interested to learn more of the actual events that took place

Guest abusivegeorge
I don't watch movies/tv, and in the event I do it's solely for entertainment purposes.

So you figured out their use right? Thats step one.

Nixon was awesome, Frost was questionable, wouldn't watch a second time.

do you mean the portrayals? frost was pretty close to how frost was

Guest assegai
Nixon was awesome, Frost was questionable, wouldn't watch a second time.

do you mean the portrayals? frost was pretty close to how frost was

I've actually been hearing the Frost character was just as good if not better than the nixon portrayal.

Guest mrcopyandpaste

I thought the casting for all the parts was excellent, and that for me was the best part of the film. I don't know anything about Watergate (apart from that my dad cut Carl Bernstein's hair) so I wasn't bothered by accuracy, but found it a very engrossing film nontheless. Frank Langella was great, and I would agree with those that say his portrayal was the stronger of the two. Again, I'm going only on the performance not likeness.

the two guys played the characters in the play version for a good while so both had lots of time to perfect them.

my wife hasnt said anything yet but i'm sure she hated how the female character was so useless and underdeveloped

Archived