IGNORED

space mist

Guest melotronic

Guest melotronic

ok so, rodulate was made years ago and released 2008 etc. i have a question and an observation about this - does anyone know to what extent the tracks were re-produced/re-mastered since being originally made? i ask cos i commented to a mate the other night that for a track made over 15 years ago 'space mist' is pretty indicative of the dubstep movement to my mind; reliance on deep, powerful and constant bass with little licks over the top and so forth (cos we all love dubstep :innocent: ). and he claimed the sounds on space mist couldn't have been made so back 15 years ago...

what does anyone reckon? either way it's objectively a completely sweet track

Guest AOOproductions

There are tons of moments in Luke's Plug releases which are just bass breakdowns with minimal attention to snare hits and hi hats. Did luke think he was doing something that sounded like a future genre... no. he was just making original drum n bass.

BTW enough people come through here asking whether or not he invented drum and bass, the media especially had a boner for this. So please, don't say anything about him starting Dubstep... I can only take so much BS

• 1 month later...

Archived