Guest abcstyle

let's get dowwwwwnnnnnnnnnnn....

GUNSHOTS

The Henry Mancini samples in "Maker of All"

The Major Harris sample in "Cut 97 remix"

and obviously, Let me tell you something bout an ABC STYLE

• 4 weeks later...
Guest manero

One sample I really dig that I've heard in a few places, most notably on Square Footage, which goes something like, "Want to fit the rhythm of the sound and vision to the path of his brainwaves" but I totally can't figure out the start of the sample or the source.

Anyone know where it's from?

Edit: changed "visual" to "vision"

Guest manero

One sample I really dig that I've heard in a few places, most notably on Square Footage, which goes something like, "Want to fit the rhythm of the sound and vision to the path of his brainwaves" but I totally can't figure out the start of the sample or the source.

Anyone know where it's from?

Edit: changed "visual" to "vision"

Well I'll just go ahead and answer my own question, it's from the track "Brainwaves" by Cosmosis.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest vibertisgod

Just watched this 1980 film about a young lad growing up in soundsystem culture Brixton called 'Babylon' and heard where the samples "PLAY THAT TUNE FOR THE SOUNDMAN YAH" & "PLAY THAT BLOODY JUNGLE MUSIC ALL NIGHT" come from!

Guest manero

Just watched this 1980 film about a young lad growing up in soundsystem culture Brixton called 'Babylon' and heard where the samples "PLAY THAT TUNE FOR THE SOUNDMAN YAH" & "PLAY THAT BLOODY JUNGLE MUSIC ALL NIGHT" come from!

Tons of samples in this movie, "If this cut gets one scratch, rasta" ... "We not gonna scratch it"

• 5 months later...
  • 6 years later...

Archived