IGNORED

photo printer/scanner

keltoi

could any of you talented photograhy enthusiasts here recommend me a good wireless printer/scanner for photos and art, etc...

lab quality, crisp, vibrant colour, etc.

cheers

i started here:

http://www.photo-i.co.uk/

i didnt need wireless and wanted large format A3+ borderless, so i cant help you really. but this site has good comparisons.

my new printer (epson r1900, got cheap) guzzles ink like mad. its really bad for that and im waiting for a continous ink system. that imo should be a priority, as CIS reduces cost loads. but the companies dont like them, so are trying to cheat us into getting their expensive juice..

and a4 scanners are sooooooooo cheap, unless space is an issue (maybe because you said wireless) that this shouldnt affect your views. i think they're like £20 now?

cheers. useful info on CIS.

A4's probably big enough for what i want to do.

and yeah i was looking for the scanner combo to save some space.

any info on best makes would be useful too...

are epson and hp makes to go for?

dunno about lab quality, i guess this is photo lab quality or something?

canon are also good ive heard.

i bought epson because of the 10+ years of use of my last 1290. i would listen to the reviews of a few sites. the ink guzzling is rather extreme with my r1900. im a bit dissapointed with the actual amount it uses. quality is fantastic though.

there is a part in the reviews about monochrome quality - you will probably need to check up on this.

im pretty sure the dpi would be good enough on most new printers, ~1440x1440 is impressive enough i thought. unless you want to use magnifying glasses lol

checking the price seems your printer's in another league. i was hoping to get something around the £100 mark. less even if possible?

the compactness of this is appealing...

http://www.johnlewis.com/230586865/Product.aspx

i suppose by lab quality i mean no visible pixellation. smooth and crisp... i want to avoid making the crappy washed out photos my old man produces with his pc-world package deal.

Guest countchocula

I have an HP C4180 and it gets the job done. I like it and it has not broke, but I am not a expert. The one you were looking at looked good.

Archived