IGNORED

snarltiksorrow

Guest iep

Something about those low cello (?) bass strings reminds me of the mournful theme track from Mulholland Drive by D Lynch. In fact, over the course of the full 13 minutes plus mournful rears its collective head in more than one variation, i like the way you use textures, on the one hand you have this Romanian orchestra playing to an empty hall full of verb and on the other interfering side you have the sound of solar winds growing ever more manic and tort, i liked the way you put more pronounciation on the main melody through higher octaved strings, while some siren ring modular sounding things cuts it way the the denseness of the overall sound. Impressed with the reinterpretation of hell inferno at around 5.00 where it sounds like you are introducing a stronger brass undercurrent to enhance the dramatic nature , while around it high pitched angels of skies fall to their doom. It's very well produced.

I also liked the restoration of calm (unsure) after 7.00mins, where things become less intense and all of the elements seem to settle back and dissapear gradually with only the refrain of the bass notes of the main melodic lead playing.

PS-You remember yester year, blueyonders ago, didnt you submit some quirky rephlex styled tracks to WATMM vol 1 comp? I'm sure it was you, anyway, i still play those tracks daily haha, just so you know like.

Your sound has come on a hell of a lot since then, it was good then mind. Shame they didnt get on the vol 1 comp.

Thats a very nice desciption, looks like the track created some strange imagery for you and thats a good thing :laughing:

The low 'cello' strings at the start come right out of my waldorf microwaveXT, great synth, nice to hear that it reminded you of a lynch soundtrack (i've seen almost anything by him except for twin peaks and mulholland drive though :sad: ). Thanks for the feedback!

BTW, I think your confusing me with somebody else regarding the WATMM compilation! I came across this site in the spring of '05 and registered in the summer of '05 :grin:

Maybe your thinking of the member called 'ipe'? That finnish dude. Someone mistook me for him at the Secret Santa thing too (I didn't even participate in that, heheh).

well anyways, enjoy yourself at the exhibition tommorrow! :grin:

buffalo right?

badalamenti's kyma karma malstrom gransynth fetish sludge pig bloomer in biohazard clam shaped dessert jello mold

trapped in post apocalyptic newyork schitty with plauge infested zombie crackheads and its always dark and raining

Listening to this it reminded me of er ambient music (just kidding). Well sounds like you know what you're doing and can create very atmospheric pieces. Reminds me of Tangerine Dream I would say. May sound like Angelo Badalamenti too - probably does if I think about it. I just find it weird listening to something like this cause its like the last type of track/music I'd create. I've sat there late at night once or twice and started making an 'ambient' track and I just can't do it. I just don't have the spirit to make psychedelic atmospheric music like this. Don't get me wrong I love the stuff that people post here but its just not in me to do this style. Its pretty ironic since when I first got into electronic music I was a total ambient nut and that was the sort of music I set out specifically to make. Back to your track well it sounds like you know what you're doing. I don't know really what to say. I guess it does what it says on the tin. I have a hard job critiquing ambient music as essentially its about being in the mood to chill etc and just let it wash over you. Good stuff by the way. Its 13mins of dark serious music I could never make. From your avatar I'd never have guessed this sort of thing would come from you. :cool:

hehe, 'ambient' :laughing:

i kinda disagree with you, promo, good 'ambient'-music (or at least this track) is not about being in the mood to chill... you shouldnt always just let it wash over you, as soon as you pay a little more attention you'll hear that its most of it is intense music.. very intense and involving music...

squee, thank you too , glad to hear that you liked it. i'll upload some more soon if i can be arsed, heheh.

Archived