IGNORED

[LDN] Sat 27th June - The Centrifuge presents Open Source Acid @ Ginglik

Guest TheCentrifuge

Guest TheCentrifuge

[LDN] Sat 27th June - The Centrifuge presents Open Source Acid @ Ginglik

Netlabel 303 takeover whilst I Love Acid has a breather for June...

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=201744225270

090627-Ginglik-web.jpg

Sat 27th June @ Ginglik, 1 Shepherds Bush Green, London. W12 8PH.

Chevron LIVE (Planet Mu, Ad Noiseam, 030303)

Odan LIVE (Net-Lab)

Oxynucid LIVE (The Centrifuge)

Quip LIVE (The Centrifuge, STFU)

missaw (The Centrifuge)

Captain Chaos LIVE (The Centrifuge)

Full members free / P.A.Y.G. members free before 8pm, £6 before 10pm, £8 after / 7pm - 3am

The Centrifuge (www.thecentrifuge.co.uk) takes over the last Saturday of June while I Love Acid has a breather till July. Expect all the acid you could ever hope for from Brighton's rave king Chevron and a host of ultra-talented live acts like Odan, Oxynucid, Captain Chaos and Quip that have set the netlabel scene alight in the past 12 months.

Chevron LIVE (Planet Mu, Ad Noiseam, 030303)

www.chevvers.com

Brighton's acid rave king Chevron touches down for his Ginglik debut to lay down some seriously infectious floor-filler 303 basslines fresh off the back of his excellent track “Excursions” released on the ultra-cool 030303 label and an equally rinsing number “St Matthew” on The Centrifuge netlabel.

Oxynucid LIVE (The Centrifuge)

www.myspace.com/oxynucid

A classically-trained musician with golden fingers, Oxynucid aka Dominick Schofield is fast making a name for himself in electronic music. Having spent 10 years playing keys in an electro-indie band that made it big, he left to pursue his solo career. Barely moments later, he signed to The Centrifuge and has released a string of acclaimed EPs and tracks, combining his electro tendencies and braindance influences to shape wondrous pieces of lush melodic electronics. You aren’t gonna see too many reel-to-reel players and Korg MS-10s on stage either – live electronics can be real, and Oxynucid’s sets have been the highlight of many a Centrifuge show.

Odan LIVE (Net-lab)

www.myspace.com/0dan

Odan is a London-based electro don with some impressive advanced acid productions in the pipeline which he will be premiering on the night. Also a couple of netlabel EP's to his name back in the hayday of Net-lab. One to watch!

Quip LIVE (The Centrifuge, STFU)

www.quipmusic.co.uk

Experiments in small suburban bedroom, playing guitar in a punk band, classical guitar, show band, making tracks with a one second sampler, getting my first PC and rinsing the Soundblaster card, working to pay for equipment, making tracks on trains, in basements and in peoples houses, more bands, loss of my music partner, learning how to write tunes, recording the guitar, making sounds with the guitar that doesn’t sound like the guitar, working as a sound engineer, doing lots of gigs, working to pay for equipment, moving house, splitting up with long term girlfriend, making more music, releasing music for I Can Count, Hippocamp, more gigs, working with STFU collective, teaching music technology, moving house, making more music, working to pay for equipment, joining some more bands, doing some music for the Centrifuge and Inaudible Answer making music for tv and film, doing more gigs....

missaw (The Centrifuge)

www.missaw.com

missaw is The Centrifuge's label curator & resident remixer, creating electronic concoctions for the body and the mind.

Captain Chaos LIVE (The Centrifuge)

London's live acid rave general, ready to law down some sweet 303-lines and crunchy beats for maximum sweat on the dancefloor!

More info online:

http://www.TheCentrifuge.co.uk

http://www.myspace.com/centrifugeuk

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=4077312718

• 3 weeks later...
Guest oxynucid

the reel to reel is back in action for this one peeps, featuring some new tracks from the shit hot new EP coming soon!!!!!

n666430156_5502114_1523.jpg

Guest oxynucid

why thankyou very much pete

a pleasure to have met you

anyway - about this promotion...?

:x

Woah, I was way too drunk yesterday so apologies if I appeared to be a bit mental (though hopefully I didn't). Unfortunately I have no powers to promote you to the king of the town, or even erm, duke of the house - my mod powers only go as far as moving and closing topics I'm afraid :laughing:

But yeah, you did a cracking set, sorry I had to leave to early !

Guest oxynucid

no worries man, you didnt seem too drunk at all! you remember meeting IDRN?

i had popped downstairs to get the legendary Boki but couldn't find him.

Until next time my friend

:x

Boki had the best entrance ever - he just danced to the floor creating a mexican wave of joyous recognition

ferris-buellers-day-off.jpg

"Boki!"

Archived