IGNORED

Blaq Poet - The Blaqprint

Guest AOOproductions

Guest AOOproductions

http://streethopmagazine.wordpress.com/200...r-tracklisting/

Basically He's his new Guru or Jeru. Not a street poet or an intellectual for sure, more like straight street stories and morals with a very hardcore style. Not a shock to the system when you hear him like Guru or Jeru's voice, but he does have a commanding one, and some nice rhymes. BTW Def Premos dopest beats in a LOOOONNNG TIME.

The First Single, Ain't Nothing Changed. Decent, most commercial, and gives you a good idea of his rapping skills.

The most unreal banger Premos done in a long time with N.O.R.E. (1st verse: N.O.R.E, 2nd: Poet)

Beware this is no Sun Rises in the east. This is straight underground hip hop with hardcore stylings. But whenever Premo touches it, it just seems like its so much more intellectual haha.

Album has yet to have a release date determined.

Guest neremic

"new protege" makes him sound like a young up and comer when poet's been around since the late 80s and has been getting premo beats for years, both solo and as part of screwball. sure this'll be good tho...

Guest AOOproductions
"new protege" makes him sound like a young up and comer when poet's been around since the late 80s and has been getting premo beats for years, both solo and as part of screwball. sure this'll be good tho...

Well I dunno know about him getting Premo beats for years... But I am 100% aware of his fued with KRS back in the day. It's just since then he's been super underground and this is kinda him finally getting a chance at a more mainstream audience again. This is huge news that premo is producing a whole album again with an artist. Too bad its not 1995.

Guest neremic

no, fair enough. i was guessing that you knew that, i just thought a bit of context might be worthy of inclusion for those you were seeking to introduce to the artist. there were premo beats on the first screwball album in 2000 and on the last blaq poet full length "deja screw" so it is not an entirely new association but you're right a full album produced by premo is a welcome rarity

Archived