IGNORED

fucking flies...

Guest boo

DSCN1969.jpg

DSCN1973.jpg

DSCN1980.jpg

yep. post stories of nature happening where you are at the moment. i've got a nice story about jackdaws that i'll post later.

Guest abusivegeorge

You caught two flies fucking? lol mega quality.

They look like little wasps actually?

assuming the male is the one on the back, it looked like he was dead.. the female was flying around with him on there, looking dead

edit: but maybe the male was flying

Guest Adjective

too scared to try to take a photo but i just came to my parents house to steal food and at the door i ran into a horsefly, yellow jacket, and a wasp. and there was some creepy guy snooping around a neighbor's fence to add to the atmosphere. didn't worry about him though because they have a baritone dog

i destroyed a fly the other day with my super speed. i felt young and murderous

Guest Adjective

has anyone ever tried this? it's a comment by a user on the bbc news site in response to an article related to the obama swat. curious if it really works

You missed out the best option of all and it works! Flies see things through compound eyes and therefore see hundreds of slightly different images at the same time, a bit like holding a crystal up to your eye and seeing many images. They also see many more frames per second compared to us who see around 25 frames per second. Therefore they are extremely good at detecting rapid motion. But this strength is their weakness - they can not see things which move very slowly! Therefore all you do is stretch out one finger and very, very slowly move the finger towards the fly until you can gently place it on its back and press it against the surface. You can then slide a piece of paper under it and take it outside to fly away (albeit probably with a couple of broken legs). I have demonstrated this a number of times at the dinner table in Germany, where flies are attracted to the platters of cold meat and cheese which seem to accompany every meal.

Guest Mr Salads

Just had to deal with some fruit flies. Fuck those are annoying.

We really went all out in our combat against them. They began showing up shortly after we moved into the new apartment. Went to Home Depot and bought two sticky boxes that attract flies based on the 3d designs which are supposed to lure them in. Fuck knows how people realized that works but we only got one out of that method.

The better method we used was getting rid of our trash can and replacing it with one that has a tight lid so no smell gets out. Seems they have disappeared, but in case they show up again (we think they come from the garbage disposal) there is half a gallon of bleach waiting for their arrival

Guest mrcopyandpaste
has anyone ever tried this? it's a comment by a user on the bbc news site in response to an article related to the obama swat. curious if it really works

You missed out the best option of all and it works! Flies see things through compound eyes and therefore see hundreds of slightly different images at the same time, a bit like holding a crystal up to your eye and seeing many images. They also see many more frames per second compared to us who see around 25 frames per second. Therefore they are extremely good at detecting rapid motion. But this strength is their weakness - they can not see things which move very slowly! Therefore all you do is stretch out one finger and very, very slowly move the finger towards the fly until you can gently place it on its back and press it against the surface. You can then slide a piece of paper under it and take it outside to fly away (albeit probably with a couple of broken legs). I have demonstrated this a number of times at the dinner table in Germany, where flies are attracted to the platters of cold meat and cheese which seem to accompany every meal.

i figured this out a while ago, and ive been freaking people out with it through this summer. i thought that it was because flies couldnt see directly ahead of them though. its cool, you cant kill them with it, coz they scram as soon as you touch them, but you can poke them in the eye which is pretty annoying i would imagine.

FUCKING FLIES

Anthomyiidae_sp._1_(aka).jpg

the male is a skinny-ass motherfucker, needs to go to the fly gym or do fly isometric exercises or increase his shit intake or something. the lady fly is evidently a bit of a (possibly fat, relativistically) slut - if i was a lady fly i wouldn't give up my flypoon so easy to what is obviously the fly equivalent of this guy:

sports-geek.jpg

FUCKING FLIES

Anthomyiidae_sp._1_(aka).jpg

the male is a skinny-ass motherfucker, needs to go to the fly gym or do fly isometric exercises or increase his shit intake or something. the lady fly is evidently a bit of a (possibly fat, relativistically) slut - if i was a lady fly i wouldn't give up my flypoon so easy to what is obviously the fly equivalent of this guy:

sports-geek.jpg

Maybe that fly has a great personality.

plum was doing the washing up for me today, i took over for a bit.. but came back to watmm, i had some soapsuds on my wrist, anyway 2 flies were having sex on the laptop, for a second they landed on my wrist and had sex for a second there.. :confused:

later when i came back from getting groceries there was a fly in my glass of water, so i got it out with a spoon and put it on the windowsill. it crawled around with it´s wet wings pushing on it´s back legs.. twice it crawled over a grain of salt from when i was eating boiled eggs at the window, the 3rd time the salt stuck to his wing.. he was trying to remove it for ages so i decided to help using a small screwdriver, which was difficult cause he could run at this point and i didn´t want to fuck up his wings.. but i removed the salt successfully

Guest Pennywise

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

hmm

Guest abusivegeorge
plum was doing the washing up for me today, i took over for a bit.. but came back to watmm, i had some soapsuds on my wrist, anyway 2 flies were having sex on the laptop, for a second they landed on my wrist and had sex for a second there.. :confused:

later when i came back from getting groceries there was a fly in my glass of water, so i got it out with a spoon and put it on the windowsill. it crawled around with it´s wet wings pushing on it´s back legs.. twice it crawled over a grain of salt from when i was eating boiled eggs at the window, the 3rd time the salt stuck to his wing.. he was trying to remove it for ages so i decided to help using a small screwdriver, which was difficult cause he could run at this point and i didn´t want to fuck up his wings.. but i removed the salt successfully

You live with plum?

Archived