IGNORED

LOST

Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

Obel just hates me, not Lost. He's jealous that I have better taste than him :-P

Anyway - think Smokey, or whoever controls it, are limited in who they can "impersonate." Basically, only people who have died on the island it seems (Ecko's brother, Ben's daughter, Christian Shepherd, Locke, etc.)

It seems like we have to go back and consider the fact that there are two distinct forces at work, and that sometimes this is probably Jacob pulling the strings, and other times his Nemesis. I'd even venture to say that Smokey could be controlled by either one, though not sure about it.

Didn't they chuck in this new group recently though? The new losties? The double good guys with Locke in the coffin. Seems like they're making more story then they will be able to finish up with next season. But yeah, seems there is a third involvement. I have to admit I'd find it a bit shitty if the whole thing was just a proxy war between two blokes, which essentially ended when Jacob got done over at the end of S5.

Ps - Shut up

I'm guessing the new group is probably from waaaay back in the day - maybe before the Black Rock landed, since Richard didn't recognize them when they met. Probably whomever built the big-ass statue (Atlantis possibly?)

I imagine things will probably get a little crazy in S6 re: Jacob's getting stabbed. My guess is, he knew that this would happen, and both him and his Nemesis have been pushing events to a specific endgame. Obviously Jacob's been pushing things in his own right here and there, the question is how much does he know about what is going to happen/has happened/can be changed.

I'm ok with this having been a proxy war, at least in part - I mean, the entire series people have been saying "there's a war coming," although I suspect the prize isn't just one person winning but a much more profound effect.

Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if Season 6 has the characters experience sort of what Desmond did when he "went back in time." Like, we might have already seen some of the characters manipulating things since even Season 1 - it's just that we had no idea they were doing it.

PS I love you Obel, and I hope, one day, for you to bear my children.

Guest abusivegeorge

lol, you at work again? If so, how the fuck you work in this heat?

(I just have this image of you working in a basement now after the post the other day).

I'm guessing the new group is probably from waaaay back in the day - maybe before the Black Rock landed, since Richard didn't recognize them when they met. Probably whomever built the big-ass statue (Atlantis possibly?)

I imagine things will probably get a little crazy in S6 re: Jacob's getting stabbed. My guess is, he knew that this would happen, and both him and his Nemesis have been pushing events to a specific endgame. Obviously Jacob's been pushing things in his own right here and there, the question is how much does he know about what is going to happen/has happened/can be changed.

I'm ok with this having been a proxy war, at least in part - I mean, the entire series people have been saying "there's a war coming," although I suspect the prize isn't just one person winning but a much more profound effect.

Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if Season 6 has the characters experience sort of what Desmond did when he "went back in time." Like, we might have already seen some of the characters manipulating things since even Season 1 - it's just that we had no idea they were doing it.

PS I love you Obel, and I hope, one day, for you to bear my children.

I'm not saying the proxy war is a cop out, but more that I don't like the idea of it. Personally, I want more time fuckery. The Constant is my favourite episode and Daniel "Forever whispering" Faraday is my favourite character (well - more like the only character I still like), but he's been killed off now so I don't really give a shit what happens to the cast.

If Matt Fox is to be believed though, there'll be no more time crap, so that sucks. I don't know if straight linear stories will cut it. Especially when you consider the first three seasons heavily relied on flashbacks to flesh out the episodes, the actual island scenes were fewer and it was better because of it I felt. They just spread too little story out too thin.

lol, you at work again? If so, how the fuck you work in this heat?

(I just have this image of you working in a basement now after the post the other day).

What do you mean again? I work every week day, it shouldn't come as a surprise.

Guest mrcopyandpaste

i would like a big long list of allll the things that have happened over the years in lost. i watched the first series and just wanna know what crazy shits gone down since then

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch
If Matt Fox is to be believed though, there'll be no more time crap, so that sucks. I don't know if straight linear stories will cut it. Especially when you consider the first three seasons heavily relied on flashbacks to flesh out the episodes, the actual island scenes were fewer and it was better because of it I felt. They just spread too little story out too thin.

nah the flashbacks were mostly pointless. i can see why they want rid of them, the only thing we don't know about jack and kate and sawyer is which direction they wipe.

just seems a shame if we never see jacob again in flashbacks. i suppose he could be alive though

and yeah final image: an eye. but whose?

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch
i would like a big long list of allll the things that have happened over the years in lost. i watched the first series and just wanna know what crazy shits gone down since then

upto season 3 i think

i didnt watchit

Archived