IGNORED

Abelton Live

Velazquez

Hey all

I just purchased Live 5 and was wondering if any of you guys had any tips/ tricks for new users. i plan on using it to host reaktor session, Moog modulator, and reason. Hopefully i can still find that issue of computer music devoted to this software, and hopefully my tunes improve enough to one day post so y'all can have a laugh. Cheers thanks in advance for any advice.

The best advice I can really offer is, use the tutorials to get a firm grounding in the different aspects of the program. Some people have complained that the tutorial music is cheesy crap and I suppose it is, but if you can get past that I found them immensely useful and the manual is great for filling in the gaps in your knowlege.

If you wanted some more practical advice, try cutting and rearranging your breaks as audio in the arrangement view. I'll never go back to using midi for drill again!

Guest heliumb

Warping:

Get your host tempo close to the sample tempo. Then click Warp. Warp the front & end beats 1st. Then scoot the inbetween ones. Don't go left to right.

Archived