IGNORED

First sober Christmas

Guest abusivegeorge

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

lol calm down fool pretty sure kramerkramer is not an idiot and understands I was just joking around. Of all people he would know I was of the few that were pretty positive about avatar

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

you consoling him because I was being so spiteful and cruel is pretty laughable. Being it was pretty obvious I was joking around and giving him a chance to explain his reasoning to the more vocal watmmer's who were confused/nearly insulting on his avatar loyalty. His answer was pretty well what I expected and thought the watmm's needed to readz.

Guest abusivegeorge

Gotta love mis-communication! :tongue: You seen Avatar george? I'm seeing it again tomorrow with the family :cisfor:

Lol, it's great isn't it, the mis-communication that is, well he says that's what it is, he's lying though. I haven't seen it yet mate, but I want to :).

I sound like an ignorant american Im sure but I wasn't sure how addiction was viewed in other countries. I just figured it was our thing. Especially, AA, since alcohol seems to be so much more embraced at an early age in Europe. As you can see Im well traveled.

Guest abusivegeorge

I sound like an ignorant american Im sure but I wasn't sure how addiction was viewed in other countries. I just figured it was our thing. Especially, AA, since alcohol seems to be so much more embraced at an early age in Europe. As you can see Im well traveled.

Where do you live?

AA is MASSIVE in America and England, there is a huge American community within AA in England actually.

There are americans in Britain?

Im in maryland.

Of course addiction is awful, Fear is such an awful thing too. Fear and addiction go hand in hand. Its only in places like the west where we have something to work for and attain that its seen as a problem. An impasse to overcome to something greater, I guess

Guest abusivegeorge

There are americans in Britain?

Im in maryland.

Of course addiction is awful, Fear is such an awful thing too. Fear and addiction go hand in hand. Its only in places like the west where we have something to work for and attain that its seen as a problem. An impasse to overcome to something greater, I guess

You are spot on, I've spent the last 8 years being a cunt, and kicking the shit out of people because I've been scared, truth, and I've lashed out first through that fear.

I felt fear long before I drank, fear of everything almost.

What do they always say? Is it interfering with your life? Is it replacing things? Translation; is it getting in the way of you making money.

Im not saying drink. no no no. Im saying what we work for to be better people can be different to what society thinks is the better person. Is my mental issue getting in the way of what I want o be. Not necessarily to be a money making machine.

Guest abusivegeorge

What do they always say? Is it interfering with your life? Is it replacing things? Translation; is it getting in the way of you making money.

Yeah my life was totally fucked, completely non functioning, tbh with you I was so weak through drinking and not eating I found it hard to walk, it replaced everything. I became a theif, a liar, an aggressive, arrogant and violent little fucker.

Apologies to blanket fort collapse, I was being a dick, sorry.

My mental ability became completely focused on the drink, so I had no mental drive to do anything except just that, drink drink drink. I have no experience in motivation for material things, and that having an affect on my life, because I never got far enough to collect any material things, nor work for long enough to get money or power hungry.

God man, Ive been there. Been there. Its oxygene the alcohol. Its an amazing thing to get through that. You have the benefit to have alcoholic to your name as opposed to suicidal mental depressant. Depression is seen as weak to many people and man that is some dark ages way of thinking. It saddens me that the only way to know peoples way of thinking is to live through the same thing they did. Why do people only give to charities that they had to deal with themselves? Like, my mom had breast cancer so Im giving to the breast cancer fund. Thats great, but, you are basically saying to me you are an apathetic human. We are all hurting at some point in our lives. AA, Alcoholism is just depression , clinical depression self medicated with alcohol. They didn't have prozac in the 1940's. when they est. AA. People from ww1, ww2, all the horrors, the way that generation embraced the drink. More than ours I can tell you. What else did they have to turn to? AA is a remnant from that generation. AA seems to be a purely counseling and friendship based way of working your way out of depression and dependence on the drug that get s you through it, alcohol. To behaviorally work your way out of depressin as opposed to the new school way of working which often a combination of medication and possibly counseling.

All that matters is that you are winning the fight.

How its done is for the students to read about

Sorry, im rambling and basically thinking out loud. Im fascinated with the history of things like AA and America and how it affects people today. Its an entity.

I feel your pain and I can sense you are still working through it my friend. Im here for you if you want to message me. Ive been at that point where all I did was drink and not eat and hardly sleep and I wondered am I going to die>?? How much can my body take. Its very scary

Guest abusivegeorge

Sorry, im rambling and basically thinking out loud. Im fascinated with the history of things like AA and America and how it affects people today. Its an entity.

I feel your pain and I can sense you are still working through it my friend. Im here for you if you want to message me. Ive been at that point where all I did was drink and not eat and hardly sleep and I wondered am I going to die>?? How much can my body take. Its very scary

Dude no need to apologise at all, you're absolutely spot on, it's a fellowship of friends which contains a programme of working your way out of that deep dark lonely hole, with the help of the other people around you, you couldn't have put it better.

Thankyou for your kind words Marf :). I am here for you also if you wish to chat. God bless mate :).

troon post incoming beware!...

Life seems so simple... like I know what I am supposed to do, get good grades, do your homework, get a job, blah blah blah, but I've always had something in me that enjoys going against the authoritarian. I don't want to follow a path thats been traveled before, I want to go into the unknown. The danger of the future and the courage to face it, is the real test in my humble opinion. It is what human nature revolves and thrives on. It is what makes us animals, its what makes us real. Society has organized us neatly together, to better manage us. Our actions are based around it. For you guys to have gone down such paths of alcoholism, it has shaped your future and how you think. The past will always obviously be behind us and it is important to understand it, but it is useless to live in it. As the days pass and as the curtains fall slowly in front of you, your future is evaporating as quickly as its forming. Maybe living with the hint taste of fear in our mouths is the best way to live. Scrambling through this jungle with a map and GPS radar, is like watching a movie you have already seen. Its a life, un-lived. It is history.

Guest abusivegeorge

Life seems so simple... like I know what I am supposed to do, get good grades, do your homework, get a job, blah blah blah, but I've always had something in me that enjoys going against the authoritarian. I don't want to follow a path thats been traveled before, I want to go into the unknown. The danger of the future and the courage to face it, is the real test in my humble opinion. It is what human nature revolves and thrives on. It is what makes us animals, its what makes us real. Society has organized us neatly together, to better manage us. Our actions are based around it. For you guys to have gone down such paths of alcoholism, it has shaped your future and how you think. The past will always obviously be behind us and it is important to understand it, but it is useless to live in it. As the days pass and as the curtains fall slowly in front of you, your future is evaporating as quickly as its forming. Maybe living with the hint taste of fear in our mouths is the best way to live. Scrambling through this jungle with a map and GPS radar, is like watching a movie you have already seen. Its a life, un-lived. It is history.

A healthy fear is indeed neccessary, it's essential to live, but what I have now is basis of life which I follow that removes the irrational fear, the fear of all people even when I don't know them, the fear of courage etc. The feeling of "I'm not good enough" has been removed. With regards to living in the past and thinking towards the future, now I do neither, and most of my day is spent living in that VERY moment. There is an excellent book by Eckhart Tolle called "The Power of Now". I'd suggest to anyone to give this read. But I do indeed have a totally different way of thinking now, after travelling the road I have :smile: .

No need to apologise for the "troon post". He is a good friend of mine :).

Im probably as old as joyrex and Im still trying to fgure it out. So far i think Ive realized, that you can't count on anyone. Its just best you don't . Your dream job versus what you can see yourself doing on a daily basis to make a dollar are two different things.

Guest abusivegeorge

Im probably as old as joyrex and Im still trying to fgure it out. So far i think Ive realized, that you can't count on anyone. Its just best you don't . Your dream job versus what you can see yourself doing on a daily basis to make a dollar are two different things.

The one thing I have let go of now is expectation of others, people let us down, even those closest to us.

A healthy fear is indeed neccessary, it's essential to live, but what I have now is basis of life which I follow that removes the irrational fear, the fear of all people even when I don't know them, the fear of courage etc. The feeling of "I'm not good enough" has been removed. With regards to living in the past and thinking towards the future, now I do neither, and most of my day is spent living in that VERY moment. There is an excellent book by Eckhart Tolle called "The Power of Now". I'd suggest to anyone to give this read. But I do indeed have a totally different way of thinking now, after travelling the road I have :smile: .

Agreed and good to hear. I might check out that book sometime. I wish I read more, I feel like I would if I wasn't on the internet all the god damn time. I think I just don't enjoy passive things... like I could have a discussion with someone about the most abstract things, but I would have trouble reading the same discussion in a book. Something about internet forums, debating, just seems far more exciting, and I really enjoy reaching my own conclusions. Like the post of above, I really had no real understanding of what I was getting at originally, but it kind of just came out... going into it though I was thinking it was going to come across as one of troon's mystery/abstract posts haha. Gotta love that guy.

Guest abusivegeorge

Agreed and good to hear. I might check out that book sometime. I wish I read more, I feel like I would if I wasn't on the internet all the god damn time. I think I just don't enjoy passive things... like I could have a discussion with someone about the most abstract things, but I would have trouble reading the same discussion in a book. Something about internet forums, debating, just seems far more exciting, and I really enjoy reaching my own conclusions. Like the post of above, I really had no real understanding of what I was getting at originally, but it kind of just came out... going into it though I was thinking it was going to come across as one of troon's mystery/abstract posts haha. Gotta love that guy.

Lol, I hear ya bro.

Guest abusivegeorge

so what is an AA meeting like? whats been your experience? What is the set up? How long have you been going? You say there are some of americans there?

Lol, I would be somewhat breaking the anonymity of AA to go into such detail :-). I will be more than willing to tell you on one to one, as from your recent PM it looks like you could do with knowing lol.

But I won't talk about it publicly :smile: .

Will share some experience with you privately soon mate :-).

Archived