IGNORED

TWO AMBIENCES: one modey collab & one ethereal tonepoem

Salvatorin

I finally want to get this awesome collaboration with Modey out onto watmm. The background is based on a recording of the high keys on a piano being hammered whilst a vaccum cleaner drones in the background. In the forefront is the haunting guitar drones of Watmm's good ol' Modey. The I absolutely love the atmosphere of this track...I think of some kind of shady cold war bunkers hundreds of feet below the ground...perhaps a Pediatrician's office located deep in the bowels of one...or maybe the black lodge...

This is an interesting composition. It has a fractal quality to it, because if you notice, as the piece goes on, sections are 'reiterated' a full octave above (and twice as fast). I find that it has a kind of slumberous magic to it, like beholding some sort of fey-folk in the night without being surprised...

pediatritian is fantastic, creates a wonderful atmosphere. i love the heartbeat sound and the occasional whistles. it has a fantastic structure - i love the way it builds and releases! quite scary, this one!

an encounter is a beautiful track as well. much less throbbing -- more flowy and uplifting. i felt strangely safe. strangely safe in a forest dwelling.

these tracks are the most unique i've heard in a long time, salvatorin. i really, really, REALLY enjoyed them. it seems to lie somewhere near boards of canada in terms of its natural feel and nostalgia. truly fantastic!

i felt strangely safe. strangely safe in a forest dwelling.

This is amazing that you think that, because it means I was successful in communicating my inspiration for this track. I tried to capture with this music a very specific feeling that I had when I went out and sat in the middle of the woods (tall white spruce) in the middle of winter and at night. The sky was kind of pinkish, yet all I could see were the looming massive trees above my head, arcing into the sky. It felt exactly what you said, strangely safe in a forest dwelling.

Guest Erothyme

I absolutely adore the Taiga track. It is gorgeous and ethereal. Both cold and warm.

I want an album from you.

Archived