IGNORED

A couple of crispy new tracks

Guest Ramses

I like both of these tracks man. The second one is my favorite, but they're both quality. The first one was begging for a little something extra though

Thanks Hautlle, nice having a few words with you earlier.

I think so too. I'll be finishing it with part two this week and release it as a whole. The culmination will go to more places. I have a few ferocious 303 patterns lined up for it.

Cheers,

-Chris

Sounds pretty cool man, I think both would go well with multi-layered breaks to them a bit more of a forward driving quality. The mini moog in triumph sounds lush man and the song is structured really well, not so keen on On The Contrary but still pretty sweet.

Sounds pretty cool man, I think both would go well with multi-layered breaks to them a bit more of a forward driving quality. The mini moog in triumph sounds lush man and the song is structured really well, not so keen on On The Contrary but still pretty sweet.

Thanks man. I also have some versions of Triumph with my drumming in them- I'm sure I'll finish those mixes up in the future. On the Contrary is pretty heavy acid- it sounds a bit alien to many.

-Chris

Yo everyone, a couple more tracks for you to check out! Youtube is still processing them a bit, so the sound you're hearing Jan 27 isn't top. Fuggit!

Hot Rod Acid - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Guhpzn5CBlY

Stratus - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXBlzWevo8U&feature=channel

Ombyonce - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HS6OcP8FQMw

Cheers!

-Christophocles

1st 1 is really simple and nice. sexy moogness. and i lolled out loud at that last comment on youtube.

2nd 1 is decent too. some nice beefy 303 business. kind of wanted the kick drums to move position when the clap stops and comes back in on the "wrong" beat so the 303 line would shift emphasis if you know what i mean. if i stop it and start it again in the middle of that section its easy to hear it in a different groove where the claps sound like they are on the 2 and 4 but it's hard to get the ears out of the original loop when listening to it right through . dunno if that makes any sense. sometimes i wonder if i'm listening to songs in a different mode to every one else. i'm often going up while evryone else is going down on a dancefloor. but then my inner negro is quite funky which is why i generally abhor a dubstep night. well... make of that incoherent ramble what you will.

sexy set up you have there.

Thanks Ludd, I like your music too man. The groove for On the Contrary is pretty funky that way. I recorded it in one take and swapped the clap placement from the 3/11 to the typical 5/13 on the fly. It's hard to get technical with explaining the drum patterns though because it all comes down to how it locks up with the 303. The track has a mix of 16 step, 8 step, and 3 step bassline patterns so it resolves itself (or, doesn't to some) in very strange ways. It's kind of funny, I started to lay down the Moog on that track, and I realized that I would end up pwning myself. One thing led to another and soon enough the 303 pattern was being reversed and layered in a big ol' room of reverb.

It's always pretty fun to make inhuman time divisions and placements with the drum machine. You can completely mindfuck a room if you have them dancing to the bass drum on the 3, 7, 11, and 15 and then throw down your snare on the 5/13.

- Chrisophocles

Archived