IGNORED

Best Bowie albums?

YEK

lodger is a bit different to low and heroes, i don't like it as much. i find station to station more like low and heroes, actually. and iggy pop's the idiot is pretty much a bowie/eno album in all but name and vocalist. i was very very familiar with all of bowie's catalogue, but not with this album. when i heard it, it made perfect sense in terms of being a part of the increasingly inaccurately named 'berlin trilogy'.

also the soundtrack to the buddha of suburbia is an underrated gem. bowie has expressed regret more than once at its lack of commercial success.

also:

isn't it just incredible?

alright, as a self professed Bowie-aficionado, id love to recommend you stuff, he has such a wealth of material, and by and large the majority of it isnt just good, its groundbreaking as well....

First listen without a doubt, Heroes....has a slammin rock-dance beat up until the title track which of course is eternal....then it veers off into really absurd but oftentime beautiful experimental instrumental tracks.....Moss Garden is definately the highlight of it...Eno's presence seeps into that one...

after Heroes, the rest of the Berlin trilogy, namely Low and Lodger (Low has much more accesible start-to-finish flow to it, whereas Lodger is somewhat mish-mashed but it has a ton of catchy singles and a lot of artistic high points for Bowie and Visconti.)

So start there, b ut i must also add....one of his newer albums, Heathen, is criminally underrated....its one of my personal faves

fuck, after reading other opinions, yeah, completely forgot about Hunky Dory. Must own, especially if you enjoyed Ziggy....think Ziggy but more subdued and more piano/acoustic folk renderings.

Essentials:

Station To Station

Low

Heroes

Lodger

Scary Monsters

The better bits of Heathen? Sunday is AWESOME.

YESSSSSS

qf motherfuckin truth.

Sunday completely wowed me when i first heard it....its truely unlike most things i even thought he was capable of.

Heroes....has a slammin rock-dance beat up until the title track which of course is eternal....then it veers off into really absurd but oftentime beautiful experimental instrumental tracks.....Moss Garden is definately the highlight of it...Eno's presence seeps into that one...

what i really really love about low and heroes is that on both of them side A is kinda a bowie/eno record, and side B is kinda an eno/bowie record.

for further exploration of that kinda shit, the second disk of stage is fucking amazing... some brilliant crazy live sax from bowie on that.

Archived