IGNORED

You really have to wonder about the Beatles

marf

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Beatles are (the most) overrated pieces of shit ..

Twist and Shout is the only good thing to came out from their filthy small dicks ..

+ they inspired two decades (and counting) of shitty rock

lol, you're an idiot.

The Beatles are (the most) overrated pieces of shit ..

Twist and Shout is the only good thing to came out from their filthy small dicks ..

+ they inspired two decades (and counting) of shitty rock

lol, you're an idiot.

Oh really ? , i hate them because they are responsible for the fucking worst Two decades of Music in the history of Humanity ..

I would rather listen to early caveman chants than Oasis ..

so what was marf saying? The music was too good for the beatles to make it? Why wouldn't it have been too good for the people who wrote it for them to make? lol

Oh really ? , i hate them because they are responsible for the fucking worst Two decades of Music in the history of Humanity ..

I would rather listen to early caveman chants than Oasis ..

they were only around for a decade, and in roughly the last five years of that they pioneered all sorts of studio techniques still used. the use of tape loops in a popular music context, close-miked and slack-tuned kick drums (the first time it really sounded like a KICK imo), the use of orchestra in a popular music, direct-to-desk recording, numerous stereo techniques, backwards guitar/vocal/drums... and lots of other things. and this thread has absolutely nothing to do with oasis. is it rdj's fault flahblub exists?

please educate yourself before posting thx

Guest underscore

yeah widely regarded as the best pop band ever and you guys just dont care right//

basically. don't get your panties in a bunch.

yeah widely regarded as the best pop band ever and you guys just dont care right//

If only pop was more like this...

but pop can be like this:

and this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7NoOhmVMac

and this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBRss3HUipw

first track to feature backwards vocals. also the track oasis have based their entire career, and look, on if you ask me.

it was the b-side to paperback writer, and marks the exact point where shit started to get weird.

Guest Glass Plate

they were only around for a decade, and in roughly the last five years of that they their producers pioneered all sorts of studio techniques still used. the use of tape loops in a popular music context, close-miked and slack-tuned kick drums (the first time it really sounded like a KICK imo), the use of orchestra in a popular music, direct-to-desk recording, numerous stereo techniques, backwards guitar/vocal/drums... and lots of other things. and this thread has absolutely nothing to do with oasis. is it rdj's fault flahblub exists?

Also, most of the techniques like Flanging etc. where already in the air and were inevitable, Beatles where just the biggest name so they got tied to the latest production innovations. If Beatles didn't exist, some other band would of done the exact same thing at the exact same time (relatively of course).

Not to mention a lot of the most important innovations came from outside that ring of producers (Beachboys, Joe Meek, Phil Spector etc.)

Guest tht tne

first track to feature backwards vocals. also the track oasis have based their entire career, and look, on if you ask me.

it was the b-side to paperback writer, and marks the exact point where shit started to get weird.

paperback writer is my favorite beatles song

they were only around for a decade, and in roughly the last five years of that they their producers pioneered all sorts of studio techniques still used. the use of tape loops in a popular music context, close-miked and slack-tuned kick drums (the first time it really sounded like a KICK imo), the use of orchestra in a popular music, direct-to-desk recording, numerous stereo techniques, backwards guitar/vocal/drums... and lots of other things. and this thread has absolutely nothing to do with oasis. is it rdj's fault flahblub exists?

john lennon accidentally put a tape in backwards late at night in abbey road whilst drunk off his ass -> backwards guitar solo on 'i'm only sleeping'

the chorus effect on tomorrow never knows was applied because john said 'he wanted to sound like a million monks on the top of a mountain'

the slack-tuned kick/toms on tomorrow never knows was suggested by ringo

the use of tape loops was initially paul's suggestion; he was interested in musique concrete as early as 1965, recording an experimental piece as early as 1966

whilst martin may have been the facilitator of these ideas, the ideas themselves were from the beatles. martin would have been far too conservative at this time to suggest these ideas. not to detract from martin - he wrote all the orchestral arrangements and played the piano solo on 'in my life' amongst many other things.

it was a time when recording engineers still wore lab coats ffs.

a lot of these ideas (particularly the sgt. pepper era ones) were, indeed, fostered by a healthy sense of competition after hearing pet sounds.

and spector fucking ruined let it be.

If Beatles didn't exist, some other band would of done the exact same thing at the exact same time (relatively of course).

idle and irrelevant speculation. what's important is that the beatles were the band who did these things.

Guest Glass Plate

oh cool, you didn't mention a single actual innovation by a beatle, but simply popular early uses, good job. Like I said sure they were the big name to help proliferate some ideas, but basically nothing they did became common use because of them. Anything that later became common use would of with or with out them, and every thing else would still have existed, so when it comes to the world of production I stay to my word that The Beatles aren't really much of innovators as much as they were an iconic band during a time of change in general. I'm not saying their music or song writing capabilities aren't good or that they aren't creative folks, I'm just saying don't over do it when placing them as some kind of music style gods, because in the end really the only things that directly spring from their canon of work really is shit like Oasis. (bands/acts like ELO, Queen, Bowie etc. would of experimented with styles in the 70's with or without the Beatles' own experimentation in my theory)

oh cool, you didn't mention a single actual innovation by a beatle

john lennon accidentally put a tape in backwards late at night in abbey road whilst drunk off his ass -> backwards guitar solo on 'i'm only sleeping'

the chorus effect on tomorrow never knows was applied because john said 'he wanted to sound like a million monks on the top of a mountain'

the slack-tuned kick/toms on tomorrow never knows was suggested by ringo

the use of tape loops was initially paul's suggestion; he was interested in musique concrete as early as 1965, recording an experimental piece as early as 1966

lolwut

look maybe in some alternate universe it was george formby or PJ proby who popularised these things, but in the one you live in, it was the beatles who did. and yeah perhaps 'popularised' is a better term than invented.

Guest Glass Plate

Ok way to only read one part of my post, second, those are all uses of THINGS THAT ALREADY EXIST.

and the rest of my post explains why that is totally unimportant other than they get a meaningless credit for an early mainstream appearance of it. (which is very trivial, for example the use of a stylophone is space oddity, totally fucking trivial doesn't matter)

Popularized reverse guitar solos? they did not do that. etc. etc. kaini you lose ok. No one in the real world credits them for innovating, but for simply being good song writers and later for having the balls to be experimental in the mainstream.

i really recommend this book

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revolution_in_the_Head:_The_Beatles'_Records_and_the_Sixties

it does a better job explaining why they were so important than i can

Popularized reverse guitar solos? they did not do that.

{{citation needed}}

kaini you lose ok.

i wasn't aware of the fact that this was a pissing contest.

Archived