IGNORED

2 Better Tracks

Dragon

Once again, I have been tinkering with my music. After much development, the track "Tidy Items Zenqane" is finally ready for consumption. I drew inspiration from the works of Philip Glass with a track that repeats three ascending notes, which change and develop every bar over the course of the track, for a twisting, enveloping journey.

Bur my latest track, "Tosis Trends", is quite different. This is one of the first times I have seriously used layers of percussion, and I actually interweave two different layers at one point, as well as an evolving, space-aged celesta tune and a set of harmonic strings.

Have a listen. Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Tidy Items Zenqane (128kbps).mp3

Tosis Trends (128kbps).mp3

'tidy items zenqane' had a little bit of promise i guess, but it's severely lacking in instrumentation. its yearning for some pads and bass at the very least. some harmony would thicken that track up and make it seem a lot more well produced. as it stands now, it seems like a sketch of a song.

'tosis' trends suffers from the same problem! fatten it up, expand upon it. it sounds so flat. little tricks like having two duplicate tracks panned to both sides will do wonders for your mix.

one thing that's great here is that its looking like you're avoiding my problem: getting too caught up with sound to really progress a track. both of these tracks change up a pretty good amount rather than staying in one place. apply this to multiple tracks and you've got a nice song for either of them!

Archived