SUNDAY MARCH 7TH

@CLUB 6 DARKROOM

60 Sixth Street San Francisco, CA

Tickets:$7 presales, $10/$15 door.

Limited pre-sales

http://www.showclix.com/event/8410/

SHACKLETON

(SKULL DISCO - UK)

Shackleton’s maverick take on big bass lines and complex beats doesn’t fit easily into categories and that’s how it’s going to stay. Shackleton has been carving out his own brand of eclecticism on Skull Disco releases with intricate, snaking percussion, hypnotic melodies, seriously deep bass lines and dubwise sensibilities. His unique take on bass music makes his tunes feel right at home from a dub techno set to dubstep. There’s no wonder why The Wire magazine stated, “Shackleton’'s bass drops are huge, shoomping bolts of leaden mass - neither in tune nor out of it, they are simple…omnipresent.” Shackleton’s tunes can be found on the compilations Skull Disco Volume 1 and Skull Disco Volume 2, released in the U.S. by Rough Trade Records. SF is the last stop on Shackleton’s debut World Tour. Catch this rare performance, because it’s not often that the illusively talented artist gets out of the studio long enough to do a world tour.

ESKMO

(WARP - SF)

Brendan Angelides is a San Francisco based electronic music producer who records and performs live as Eskmo. In the past five years he’s released over a dozen singles and EPs while touring throughout North America and Europe. Angelides also runs the Ancestor label, which issued his “Hypercolor” and “Agnus Dei” singles in 2009 to positive reviews from numerous magazines, blogs and tastemakers. Ninja Tune recording artist and film composer Amon Tobin hailed his work as “some of the best production I've heard in recent times.” Although club and radio DJs readily spin his music, Angelides always performs his Eskmo and Welder work live. His innovative, emotive on-stage performances utilize Ableton Live software with various MIDI controllers to manipulate keyboard work, effects, warping and cuing. Full bio can be found here: http://www.eskmo.com/bio.html

EPROM

(WARP - SF)

EPROM is known for his diverse, funky and energetic sets, which cross the lines between live remixing and manipulation of hiphop and dubstep with his own obscenely bass-heavy neurocrunk transmissions. EPROM has played alongside artists like Flying Lotus, The Glitch Mob, Skream, Lazer Sword, Kode9, Mochipet, Rustie, and many others. He has worked with internationally renowned MCs and has slated multiple vinyl releases in the coming year. DJ supporters include Starkey, Jakes, Bassnectar, The Glitch Mob, Rustie, Megasoid, Zombie Disco Squad, Riton, Basement Jaxx, and BBC Radio One’s Mary Anne Hobbs.

KUSH ARORA

(SURYA DUB, RECORD LABEL RECORDS - SF)

Kush Arora’s name has become synonymous with the term “dread bass.” Dread bass is the sound of a post-dancehall world where MCs are confronted with the latest in cultural-styled electronic riddims. Kush Arora has seen the dread bass sound evolve for the past ten years, and has solidified his spot in the dub community, with his signature style of Punjabi roots combined with a curious case for punk and industrial sounds. Kush is constantly collaborating with MCs and vocalists from around the world who bring a dangerous, yet insightful feel to his music.

only till 2 ?

i liked the old club six layout and the sound used to be better. it's still plenty massive though.

first time hearing shackelton .....ok we'll be there for sure.

skipped four tet, but we're not going to miss this.

i havent been to very many big legit shows that go past 2 or 3am in san francisco, most of the good ones that aren't permitted go until 6 or 7am

hope to see you there, i look like a hippy vs kenny loggins

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

unfortunately my current schedule does not allow me out on sunday night. i was really interested in seeing/hearing shakleton. how was it?

it was very good, EPROM who i kind of wrote off before musically put on an awesome interactive live set. Eskmo sounded pretty much identical to eprom with some field recoridng sound effects thrown in. Shackelton seemed upset that the bass was weak, his stuff needs to be played over a much more powerful system. Kush's set was awesome, busted out a bunch of new live stuff.

i feel like EPROm and eskmo are super talented guys who are kind of trapping their evolution/development in the wonky genre.

both those guys have a lot of potential though.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

it was very good, EPROM who i kind of wrote off before musically put on an awesome interactive live set. Eskmo sounded pretty much identical to eprom with some field recoridng sound effects thrown in. Shackelton seemed upset that the bass was weak, his stuff needs to be played over a much more powerful system. Kush's set was awesome, busted out a bunch of new live stuff.

i feel like EPROm and eskmo are super talented guys who are kind of trapping their evolution/development in the wonky genre.

both those guys have a lot of potential though.

catsonearth told me eskmo was great but the recorded stuff i've heard hasn't wowed me.

shackleton pulled a squarepusher. his entire stage presence is complaining about volume levels of his bass

Archived