IGNORED

Korg ER-1

Hey guys,

After my last two drum machine posts and a lot of time surfing youtube for videos, I've finally decided I want to buy myself the Korg ER-1. Not the newest most incredible piece of equipment for sale, but it's selling in most places for between £100 and £150. Is this a good deal, cos it certainly seems it to me?

Can you please tell me your opinion on this machine, as I do not know much about it, however I think it looks great for both synths and drums.

Thanks,

Calum

my opinion is to wait and save, and buy one of the newer models used.

really? but i've seen demos for the newer model EMX and the ER-1 and I can't see a significant difference.

Guest uptowndevil

for starters, both the effects section and modulation section are much more limited. the oscillator section looks a bit dumbed down, as well. i also don't see a way to bpm sync the modulation, which can be a valuable asset. it also looks like it completely lacks a filter section for any parts, which would probably be the deciding factor for me not to buy it.

for starters, both the effects section and modulation section are much more limited. the oscillator section looks a bit dumbed down, as well. i also don't see a way to bpm sync the modulation, which can be a valuable asset. it also looks like it completely lacks a filter section for any parts, which would probably be the deciding factor for me not to buy it.

oh dear, okay. well, i'm now considering a Korg EMX that I found for £300. Can you please try and give me more reasons why I should buy that one? because i really want to, and i know it's better, but I'd like to know more.

thanks for the help!

calum

Guest uptowndevil

sure, i don't know which to recommend between the esx and the emx, but i've had both for years and still get plenty of enjoyment out of them. basically, the esx-1 will give you much more sound editing control over the drum parts(through filters and sampling), but has a much less expansive synth oscillator section. the emx has a great synth oscillator, but lacks in drum editing control and lacks the capability of sampling.

the er-1 is a machine that you'll likely outgrow very quickly, and be looking for more within a few months time.

as far as reasons to purchase the emx or esx over the er-1, you shouldn't need more than what i listed earlier. if those things are not important to you now, they will be in the future when you've learned more about the instrument and composing in general.

hope that helps

sure, i don't know which to recommend between the esx and the emx, but i've had both for years and still get plenty of enjoyment out of them. basically, the esx-1 will give you much more sound editing control over the drum parts(through filters and sampling), but has a much less expansive synth oscillator section. the emx has a great synth oscillator, but lacks in drum editing control and lacks the capability of sampling.

the er-1 is a machine that you'll likely outgrow very quickly, and be looking for more within a few months time.

as far as reasons to purchase the emx or esx over the er-1, you shouldn't need more than what i listed earlier. if those things are not important to you now, they will be in the future when you've learned more about the instrument and composing in general.

hope that helps

Thanks a ton! I'm looking for deals now, you've saved me a lot of choosing time :P

All the best,

Calum

just another thing - this is at least the third topic you've posted here about pretty much the same thing. you could've kept it all in one topic really, especially since it's about your decision on buying a "drum machine".

i don't usually speak out about stupid stuff like this, but flooding a sub-forum with topics that are pretty much the same thing is not a benefit to anyone.

it means that you, as the original poster, have to keep track of multiple threads just to keep on top of everyone's replies.

might just be something to keep in mind in future.

hope you sort out what machine you're going to get eventually, and that you'll have endless hours of fun messing around with it

just another thing - this is at least the third topic you've posted here about pretty much the same thing. you could've kept it all in one topic really, especially since it's about your decision on buying a "drum machine".

i don't usually speak out about stupid stuff like this, but flooding a sub-forum with topics that are pretty much the same thing is not a benefit to anyone.

it means that you, as the original poster, have to keep track of multiple threads just to keep on top of everyone's replies.

might just be something to keep in mind in future.

hope you sort out what machine you're going to get eventually, and that you'll have endless hours of fun messing around with it

Yep, sorry about this mate. I'm very new to drum machines and ended up needing multiple questions answered. Sorry about the hassle. Thanks :)

Archived