IGNORED

Ryan McAllister - Brute

Guest ryanmcallister

Guest ryanmcallister

Here's the final version of the last track I posted. It's got some changes and it sounds a helluva lot better so i figured I'd start a new topic for anyone that chooses not to check the old topic twice.

www.soundcloud.com/ryanmcallister/brute

There's a button on the soundcloud player if anyone wants to d/l.

Quality tune that is. Sound design is great. and to think i almost didn't listen as was dubstep ;)

end is too long for my liking but meh, not my music. Cheers for download

Guest ryanmcallister

thanks guys, i appreciate the comments. maybe shouldn't have labeled it as dubstep in case other people have avoided it, but i'd say it's borderline. i personally find most dubstep quite boring, but i still think wobble bass can be incorporated in an interesting way with elements of other genres.

i'd still call this dubstep, even though it's really quite awesome. i've listened to this mofo at least 20 times in the past day. its such a tease, as the big wobbly breakdown is so damn short and right at the end!

Guest ryanmcallister

yeeeaaaa boyyyeeeeee!

who voted me down to 3 stars!?!?!

i was torn between whether or not the wobbly bits were too short, but i went with what i thought was a good thing in the form of a tease, glad you think so too!

Guest epsilon not

I really like it for its textural qualities, especially at the beginning. I will say that I'm not a huge fan of the wobbly bass, but you managed to wield in a way that gave me other things to focus on while it was in the picture. At the end I would have gone with more complex drums, but maybe you meant for it to sound like it was winding down.

Guest ryanmcallister

I really like it for its textural qualities, especially at the beginning. I will say that I'm not a huge fan of the wobbly bass, but you managed to wield in a way that gave me other things to focus on while it was in the picture. At the end I would have gone with more complex drums, but maybe you meant for it to sound like it was winding down.

tank ya berry berry much. you're right i was trying to wind it down. maybe in a dj set it'll transition into more complicated drums ;)

dude im pretty sure you dont wanna hear this but i liked the previous version better. i think it had some sort of natural consistency which this one lacks. still, as i said before, its a wicked track, put it on my mp3 player and stuff

Guest ryanmcallister

dude im pretty sure you dont wanna hear this but i liked the previous version better. i think it had some sort of natural consistency which this one lacks. still, as i said before, its a wicked track, put it on my mp3 player and stuff

really...that's interesting...the only thing i really changed about this one was a bit of the drum beat, the bassline outro, and the mixing. anything specifically you were referring to? i appreciate the critique!

Archived