IGNORED

Jackson Remixes

Guest Backson

Guest Backson

I'm fond of a fellow called Jackson, and I have only great things to say about his computer band.

There was a point prior to his working on his debut where he would to tracks and remixes heavily inspired by chicago house and a bit of minimalism, and I'm not a huge fan of his work then. But circa 2005 he picked up his game and did some fantastic remixes in his collage/chaotic style.

I've got his mix of Dead Combo, can anyone suggest anything else I may not be aware of yet?

Guest Backson

alot of people adore the M83 remix, but I think it must of been a certain time and a place in history, because I heard it after Smash and didn't think it measured up. Still, a very good remix.

Don't be hatin', but I loved his remix of Justice. Its so lumberous, and dark, and grand. It actually suited the 11 minutes it took up. Prime Jackson.

I just checked those remixes mentioned above and the one I liked the most is the Justice remix.

another remix is of Moog Acid (the only one I have heard before)

http://www.discogs.com/Jean-Jacques-Perrey--Luke-Vibert-Moog-Acid/master/146658

can be heard here:

http://www.boomkat.com/item.cfm?id=145287&highlight=145294

Guest GrandPopPoplock

Oh shit .

I didn't know he made that M8 remix. I'm so use to hearing that mix mashed with that Windowlicker M83 thing.

Guest Backson

also, did anyone buy Utopia on vinyl back in the day?

because I've always wondered what the track "Appendice" was. Is it a rareity, or did it become something on Smash?

Guest Backson

is jackson fourgeaud vhs head?

listen to smash and compare...

i thought so at first, but there are a couple of things that don't match up. I won't go into it, but siffice to say i compared kicks and noises and all that.

i enjoy VHS Head alot even though I don't think he's Jackson. Hopefully his album emerges soon.

there are definitely some strong similarities if one listens carefully. i'm even tempted to think it might be oizo, but i have no good facts

to go on at this point. i love that more artists in the past ten years have been creating unknown aliases and not telling who they are.

i rather enjoy the mystery and the speculation.

Guest Backson

the only way I could consider VHS Head being Jackson or Oizo is if they were using it as an outlet for the idea they use less under their main alias. Both seem to be doing more melodic and less chaotic stuff in recent times, so you could always speculate that VHS Head is a way to release the chaotic stuff they don't think their fans will appreciate.

I don't think its either of them though, I'm pretty sure someone came out and said they knew the guy, and they thought he was a bit of a dick for using the Jackson / BoC asociation to promote himself. And if it helps, I sent him a messaged him on myspace and he responded, so I don't know if he'd bother if it was a secret side-project.

Having said all that, I shouldn't dwell. Its a very decent original EP, and whoever made it is beside the point. I've just got my fingures crossed for an album, or even a live show.

back on topic, just got Jackson's remix of Jean Nipon. Its funktacular!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Backson

Dead Combo "You Don't Look So Good (Jackson Remix)"

breakdown one is cool, but breakdown two is fantastic!

and I love the synth harpsichord. The chord progression is soooo Jackson.

8/10

• 3 months later...
Guest SyrFox

CAN ANYONE READ FRENCH??

This is from 2008 and apparently it says he did a Tron remix and a film soundtrack. Can someone summarise if this is true?

http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/3655/0471hw9.jpg

http://img383.imageshack.us/img383/5218/0472si4.jpg

that's what it says. apparently he's also doing a one-hour track for Nike and is still working on his new album. I might translate the whole article later today if you're interested... The beginning is about how Jackson influenced the whole "french touch 2.0" scene a lot, how it's a cult album. Then there's a flashback on Jackson's life, then it goes on future projects and stuff.

Guest Backson

CAN ANYONE READ FRENCH??

This is from 2008 and apparently it says he did a Tron remix and a film soundtrack. Can someone summarise if this is true?

http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/3655/0471hw9.jpg

http://img383.imageshack.us/img383/5218/0472si4.jpg

that's what it says. apparently he's also doing a one-hour track for Nike and is still working on his new album. I might translate the whole article later today if you're interested... The beginning is about how Jackson influenced the whole "french touch 2.0" scene a lot, how it's a cult album. Then there's a flashback on Jackson's life, then it goes on future projects and stuff.

thanks heaps. its from 2008, so i don't think I'll bother making you translate the whole thing. The page before was apparently a big picture of him sitting at a table with bones on it, which sounds fucking awesome.

its sad to see that a couple of these things never came to be. I'll be seaching high and low for his soundtrack though.

Guest bitroast

is anyone kind enough to have an uploaded bunch of jackson remixes.

i'm retarded and cant figure out how to soulseek on a mac. (is it possible to connect to osulseek servers on a mac????)

Archived