IGNORED

Electronic music documentary podcasts

Guest David R James

Guest David R James

Was listening to the recent bbc radio 4 show called the 'Sculptress of Sound' about Delia Derbyshire and was wondering if any of you could point me in the direction of some really good electronic music podcasts in a documentary style.

It could be a link to a recorded radio show or podcast. Ideally they would be in a documentary format talking about interesting aspect in electronic music, such as synthesisers, artists, genres anything like that. Maybe there is already a thread about this you could link me. I know there has been many 'music documentary' threads but this is for audio ones. It is for my iphone so it has to be downloadable if possible.

Fanks

Guest David R James

I can't help you out but that podcast sounds damn cool. Going to track it down. Hope it's playable in the u.s.

The Delia one? I listened to it when it was on but here is a link to it. it is from another forum but thanks to the person who recorded it.

http://u.nu/578x7

Guest David R James

yes, that was great

this http://dmxkrew.blogspot.com/2010/01/fifteen-studio-special.html

i'm a fan of the format as well, listening instead of reading pages or watching videos all the time keeps me attentive

yeah i've got that dmx one, loved it. ive got really board of all the music i own at the moment and i just think stuff like this gives me something else to listen to. Not really into audio books or day to day radio, at the moment.

go to 39 minutes of the radio 4 delia documentary - a newly uncovered extract from Inventions For Radio (delia fans will know "dreams", this is another one in the series) - incredible, aphex ambient works but 30 years earlier

you can directly rip the bbc stream by using Radio DL

another good documentary series is simonsound - the tone generation, MP3 downloads at link

Guest David R James

go to 39 minutes of the radio 4 delia documentary - a newly uncovered extract from Inventions For Radio (delia fans will know "dreams", this is another one in the series) - incredible, aphex ambient works but 30 years earlier

you can directly rip the bbc stream by using Radio DL

another good documentary series is simonsound - the tone generation, MP3 downloads at link

Sheesh, i think this might me exactly what i'm looking for checking it out, ta

Guest David R James

pit,y it's lacking great britain.

this should work

Nice one, wanted to get this one. I've been enjoying the ems and rca ones today.

That uba sight is pretty good as well cheers mohamad

Guest David R James

i'm assuming they play that ab5-ish track

Not sure what one you mean but there is a snippet of a rythym track taken from a multitrack and its so fresh its daft it was from 1970 or whatever, the bird was onto a winner when she made that, then ruined it abit with the rest of the track.

Where abouts is this parmegiani vid by the way?

Archived