60 members have voted

1. 1. Which one, if any?

• Labour
    • Conservative
    • Lib. Dem
    • Other & independents
    • None of the above

Guest bunty

good fucking grief at that boulton clip. we shouldn't stand for that murdoch bullshit here in the uk.

I'm disappointed in you Margaret.

so, is the conservative party equivalent to something like the republican party in the united states or are they more moderate? should i be worried for the welfare of my british brethren?

Roughly... it depends a lot on who's in control of the party, national attitudes etc. Cameron's still basically a cypher, so it's hard to say, but the Tories are probably not as mad and right wing as the Republicans at the moment. Nonetheless, the two parties play equivalent roles.

There are differences in the makeup of the supporters too. Whereas the white, blue collar American vote tends to go to the Republicans, in parts of the UK, especially the north, Joe Schmoe is yet to be brainwashed into believing the right isn't in it to fuck him (there's still a lot of resentment over the damage Thatcher inflicted on the working class). Murdoch and friends are working hard to do this though, and seeing results.

But yeah, worry for us. The Tories, like the Republicans, are evil cunts.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fuxk You Nick Clegg , Just Fuck you , fuck off , fuck you , fuck off

Clegy clegg , why don't you fuck off.

Sell out son of a bitch , i hope you like Cameron's dick in your ass whore.

Guest Dirty Protest

I said all the way through, that a vote for lib dem was a vote for tory. I just didn't realise it was that literal.

I think the alliance might work out ok...I think it's great that Clegg is deputy Prime Minister and Vince Cable is in charge of the banks. I think the Tories are perhaps different now to their historical centre-right stance. They're more centre-centre these days...

I think the alliance might work out ok...I think it's great that Clegg is deputy Prime Minister and Vince Cable is in charge of the banks. I think the Tories are perhaps different now to their historical centre-right stance. They're more centre-centre these days...

i'm hoping things'll work out ok but i disagree with you about cleggy...

there's something VERY wrong with a system that allows a guy deemed too wet and soppy to run our country to become deputy PM by default... it's like awarding a silver medal to the guy in the banana suit who came last in the marathon.

Guest bunty

i'm hoping things'll work out ok but i disagree with you about cleggy...

there's something VERY wrong with a system that allows a guy deemed too wet and soppy to run our country to become deputy PM by default... it's like awarding a silver medal to the guy in the banana suit who came last in the marathon.

Silver medal? It's barely a wooden spoon. The post of Deputy PM is pretty much a joke in this country. There's no real power or authority in the role itself. The Tories won't take Clegg any more seriously with the title than they would have done without.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_Democratic_Party_(UK)

all three main parties are based on this one

and social democracy means epic fail in every sphere possible

more crime

more bad law

less freedom

more bullshit

social democracy = true enemy philosophy

I really struggle to understand your hostility to this social democracy idea. Granted, modern politics is mediocre, but it's hardly surprising that we went from swinging between left and right to the halfway house of today. "More crime, more bad law, less freedom, more bullshit" - than what?

Guest Dirty Protest

I think this is bad news for the lib dems, i cant see the liberal left being very happy with this and even less happy when tory mps vote against alternative vote. In an odd way i think the outcome will benefit labour. Either way, it looks like we're all going to get carved up in our sleep^

Dont know how real this is, but heres what might be the agreement http://liberalconspiracy.org/2010/05/12/exclusive-was-this-the-con-lib-agreement/

Guest inteeliguntdesign

the tories wont vote against the referendum bill. the coalition disallows it. they will campaign against it in the actual referendum though.

the libs are playing a dangerous game.

if they can say at the end of it all: yeah we were in with the tories, but we introduced a lobby register, delivered a new electoral system, a few other things that wouldnt be there if we decided to say out and made to look competent enough i reckon it could work for them.

besides labour and the libs didnt have enough seats to form a stable government. anything but this would most likely result in a new election, and the tories are most likely to be the winners there, perhaps enough to get a majority.

ahh, it'll be interesting anyway.

Archived