IGNORED

metaly snares

hokum

is there a web page anyone knows of ... i want to make my snares have a metal feel to them .. is that done with an eq or what... do you know what i mean??? plain english please

is there a web page anyone knows of ... i want to make my snares have a metal feel to them .. is that done with an eq or what... do you know what i mean??? plain english please

is not done with EQ.

metallic sounding stuff: inharmonics. you might get some sounds using FM synthesis, just with twiddling some knobs you can get some metallic like sounds...

also, try using some small sound with delay with very few miliseconds of delay time, and lots of feedback, generating a clang-like sound. you can the mix it with other sounds...

Put a low volume ride cymbal hit at the same time as the snare hit (vary the volume of the ride throughout your phrases so it doesn't sound stale) and detune both of them by 4 half steps

thanks for all the insight chums ... the 1 ms delay and cymbal overlay sounds grand............ didnt want to sound uncreative about my question..... i am looking to respect others minds at work...

thanks again

Archived