IGNORED

James Holden

Guest Backson

Guest Backson

I've heard Idiot Clapsolo and Lump (thank you Kaini) and I'm temped to check out his album. anything I should know about him? Is his whole album as enjoyable as those tracks?

also, he scores points for the Nathan Barely reference.

Guest Bourbon Surf

holden is a fantastic producer and his border community label is definitely worth checking out.... kind of emo-techno....sounds like an awful genre, but is actually some of the only dancefloor orientated stuff i can fully get behind and "love".....

the bulk of his own output is in his remixes, particular ones worth checking out include:

Depeche Mode - "The Darkest Star" (James Holden Dub)

Radiohead - "Reckoner" (Holden Mix)

Mercury Rev - "Senses On Fire" (Holden Mix)

his classic which he is most renowned for (much to his dislike) is

Nathan Fake - "The Sky Was Pink" (Holden Remix)

but might be too minimal for you (Backson), it is, however, fucking phenomenal....... i think......... i think he is the most idm techno producer, though fuck, techno is a pretty broad genre........

Guest Backson

I don't think he's too minimal as an artist. I was previewing tracks today, an I still love Lump and Clapsolo, enjoyed Flute, Idiot and Corduroy, but simply can't get into 10101. I am just anable. Its not just the minimalism, its also the fact that what textures are there seem uninspiring.

IMO.

Archived