IGNORED

J9 track listings

Guest BunnyRabbit

Guest BunnyRabbit

So, after going through my collection in the other thread I was inspired to sort out my collection of MP3s a bit and as I was going through the Caustic Window compilation I noticed that despite the fact that there's no track listing on my copy of J9ii Discogs have a tracklisting thus.

A1 Industro Garage Beats

A2 AFX Dub

B1 Industro Garbage Beats

B2 Schmart

http://www.discogs.com/release/19398

Comparing to the compilation's listing I found that they all had different track titles.

So..

A1 Industro Garage Beats = 9 - Fantasia

A2 AFX Dub = 11 - Clayhill Dub

B1 Industro Garbage Beats = 12 - The Garden Of Linmiri

B2 Schmart = 13 - We Are The Music Makers (Hardcore Mix)

So, I added a comment to the compilation entry in discogs http://www.discogs.com/release/296.

Now, I made one mistake which was to misread the garage as garbage and I've added a correction to this effect but the person who pointed this mistake out to me is also questioning the Fantasia track and it's all getting a bit muddled.

So, does anyone know where the tracklisting for J9ii came from? Discogs is one of the only places on the web that uses this tracklisting as most other places use the track names as per the compilation. The guy who added the entry says he got the tracks off the net soemwhere but can't remember where. I guess they must be from somewhere like a release sheet or soemthing. The same goes for J9i

• 3 weeks later...
Guest BunnyRabbit
The Caustic Window Compilation (on CD) has official names for all the tracks that appear on the Joyrex series of EPs.

Thanks.

So we have to conclude that the other names on Discogs are completely made up then?

Discogs is just barfing up old misinformation that was created ages ago before the tracks got proper names... they were concocted by Gonzi Marchan and Alan Parry (the creators of the original AFX FAQ that was on the WARP site so long, long, ago.)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 15 years later...

bumping an old thread... my copy (bought from discogs a year or so ago) came with this insert that has the alternate titles found on early files/web. also the sleeve has a brown sticker i haven't seen on discogs' images. i don't think these are fan made but might be.

the timings are mixed up on the insert:
A.1 Industro Garage Beats 6.03
A.2 AFX Dub 6.08 (should be 3.26)
B.1 Industro Garbage Beats 3.26 (should be 6.08)
B.2 Schmart 4.00

IMG_2590.JPG

• Like 1