IGNORED

us / canada border control

data

Guest theSun

probably because we are the only ones who understand the strange nuances of american law.

again, i don't really support this shit, jus' sayin' the powers that be do

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what really gets me is several times lately there have been incidents of young ladies in their 20s getting detained and strip searched by border guards. there's absolutely no recourse when they do this to you, no accountability if an aggresive pervert gets into such a position of authority.

say goodbye to your civil rights at the border.

Guest theSun

what really gets me is several times lately there have been incidents of young ladies in their 20s getting detained and strip searched by border guards. there's absolutely no recourse when they do this to you, no accountability if an aggresive pervert gets into such a position of authority.

this could easily become a real problem in the current system, especially because there really is no recourse.

American Law doesn't work at the border. You can be a US citizen and be detained on the whim of a border guard, who are clearly not serving the interests of "the american public".

vodor - yes human rights. have a read through the UN declaration of human rights (of which the US is a signatory member) and tell me if you think that the bullshit that happens at borders is right (not only US borders either).

Everybody up in this thread needs to remember that pre-1900 (thereabouts, for conveniences sake), movement of person was much less restricted by law (it was limited by income, yes, but not by law) and that the modern method is not natural, it is an artificial form of control.

If capital can flow freely, labour should also be allowed to flow freely.

do you have a link for this? some preliminary googles were not success

Archived