IGNORED

best way to learn irish?

Guest tht tne

Cork is the greatest city in the world, though granted not the prettiest. Love it. And pretty sure it made Lonely Planet's top ten cities to visit list this year. So its loveliness has been verified scientifically, by scientists, using scientific experiments.

West corks good. East is a shit hole.

So glad Kerry beat them today.

LOL@ ceol rinca cliste

I meant to ask you before if you live in a gealtacht area?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest badgermeat

why the hell would you teach yourself irish? why not a more useful language that's actually spoken by real people, not some drunk leprechauns in remote areas of a little island.

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

nah, from galway city. my irish is cat. that took a little research.

Oh um, I was talking to Conor actually, you didn't have a selected country the last I looked.

Galway sounds like a great place though, cant wait to head down there. Maybe for Arthur Guinness day this year. Yes! theyre doing it again.

Guest Conor74

West corks good. East is a shit hole.

...I meant to ask you before if you live in a gealtacht area?

West Cork is stunning. From Kinsale right over to Beara. East Cork is...flat...and...near Waterford...

Live in South Kerry, but not in a Gaeltacht. Not fluent at all, or at least not as fluent as I really should be.

• 5 months later...
Guest Beefuncle

well fuck me in the ass, I thought you irish were speaking english with a funny accent

No we just speak English with correct grammar.

The best way is to stay in the greeny bits on Kaini's diagram (aka "Gaeltacht"), I couldn't speak a word of Irish after learning it for 8 years in school, after a short 2 week stay I had the basics which i needed to speak Irish full time (it was a compulsory visit in order to attend an Irish speaking secondary school (high school).

Learn the basics with software, study the grammar and after that visit a Gaeltacht if you can, speaking is very different from reading and the Gaeltachts are brilliant! Such a good laugh.....

best way to learn Irish.. get pissed! the answer is at the bottom of a Guiness glass, but which one i don't know..

Thats why you have to check them all. One day you'll find the answer sirch.

best way to learn Irish.. get pissed! the answer is at the bottom of a Guiness glass, but which one i don't know..

lol. i don't drink. especially not Guiness! ewww. thanks but no thanks chas

do you speak Gaylick in Irish land?

Gaylick's a pretty cool language.. sounds like a mixture of Spanish and Chinese, to me! well, does when the wife speaks it anyway lol, sounds pretty fucked up.

No I dont speak Gaelic. I didnt think anyone could speak Gaelic.

I can speak Irish though.

some Scots speak it very well. amongst the secret societies.

but let's face it, you don't really need to know any language other than English these days ;) and maybe some Spanish..

No I dont speak Gaelic. I didnt think anyone could speak Gaelic.

I can speak Irish though.

some Scots speak it very well. amongst the secret societies.

but let's face it, you don't really need to know any language other than English these days ;) and maybe some Spanish..

Ah, see Scots Gaelic isnt the same as Irish Gaelic. Theyre similar except you wouldn't find people in Ireland speaking Irish Gaelic. Unless they were studying it in college or something.

Guest Beefuncle

Word, Guinness tastes like a possessed beard, liquidized and blended with tranny vommit.

..........Cheers :beer:

Word, Guinness tastes like a possessed beard, liquidized and blended with tranny vommit.

..........Cheers :beer:

Vodka taste like vinegar spewed from a homeless mans arse. You drink that though.

2 words; "London" and "Pride". that's what it's all about! :) that and the odd Stella 4 or a Carly Export.

i hardly drink at all these days but those are my tipples of choice if i am. oh and that Budvar is pretty decent too.

fuck Guiness. and definitely fuck Vodka! that shit is proper lethal, evil stuff, imo. *shudder*

Archived