IGNORED

Help me with my routing problems

Guest jamesy boy!

Guest Salient

Ok, so all I need help with is finding the best way for my audio interface, mixer (ub802), synth, and monitors to communicate.

Here is a pic of the mixer with all it's I/Os

UB-802_top.jpg

I think the only possible way is just a one way communication from my mixer to my soundcard, then to my monitors,

:on2long:

ok hint taken - i forgot to send you cables.

i will send today...promise.

you want to route audio from your AP to the mixer 3/4 ins, and from the KS to mixer 5/6 ins. then have mixer main outs to your left and right wharfedale monitors.

and tape out to your AP inputs.

All you need.

What cables you got already?

Guest Salient

heh sorry mark wasn't meant to be taken as a hint :flower: . Think i maybe sorted cable wise (found a hidden music shop in town yesterday) so that's all cool, it's literally just a routing prob I have now, I did what you said but i still get feedback as the tape out is exactly the same as the main mix out, so when I want to process my synth on my comp it's also processes the whole mix aka feedback.

:ermm:

you can put stuff on the tape in and route it to control room out (that's the same as the headphones), that will give you another seperate stereo in- and output. i did a quadrophonic setup with that one time. also remember that you have a send channel you could use to send mono sound somewhere.

this all sounds a little gimicky, but yeah there's only so much you can do with a little mixer like that. repatch it for what you need at the moment.

for your spec at the moment, what you could do is route your synth audio outs to your AP ins so that the synth audio is routed through your sequencer enabling you to record, process and effect. you then just have AP out to your mixer ins and onto your monitors.

by the way - i think your feedback problem can be rectified by changing the settings of your audiophile, make sure you are not 'monitoring mix' as this will cause the feedback. i can't think straight - but im sure your issue is there somewhere.

Guest Salient
by the way - i think your feedback problem can be rectified by changing the settings of your audiophile, make sure you are not 'monitoring mix' as this will cause the feedback. i can't think straight - but im sure your issue is there somewhere.

ah, I was thinking that maybe it was somthing to do with the AP, but I couldn't put my head round it, cheers will try this in the morning :sleeping:

Guest Promo

I have a Behringer EuroRack MX802 mixer. The Cltrl Outputs go straight into the Line In on my PCI SB128 Soundcard innit. :fear:

Archived