IGNORED

Listing to MHTRTC with the individual track images

Dragon

Earlier today I thought I'd listen to MHTRTC again, because over the last few weeks I've hardly been listing to BoC at all, and I thought it would make a change from all the minimalist music I've recently discovered. But, to enhance the experience, I thought I'd do it while looking at the 17 images Mike and Marcus created for each track (they were posted here a while ago).

The thing is, usually when I do a listening session, I turn off all the lights and get into bed with my MP3 player, so there are no distractions. I decided on lying upright in bed, with my computer monitor switched on. I created a Flash program that lets you look through the images, like a slide show. Overall, it was a great experience, the tracks really came alive again. The images for Telephasic Workshop, Pete Standing Alone and Open The Light really do add a lot to the music. I'd recommend this to anyone. And listening to Happy Cycling in the dark afterwards is a great way to finish off (there are only 17 images).

I thought I'd share the slide show with you. Attached is the .SWF file. Switch the lights off, open it, and drag it out so it takes up the whole screen. It's then really easy to go from one image to the next, all you have to do is click on the bottom corners of the image. Hover the mouse over the bottom of the screen to see which track the image corresponds to.

MHTRTC images.swf

Archived