IGNORED

Reccomend Me a Super Cheap MIDI Controller

Guest Scrambled Ears

Guest Scrambled Ears

i have a usb keyboard...but its too bulky for my desk...plus macbooks only have 2 usb (lame) so I would prefer a small little device. don't really even need a keyboard tbh....just need some knobs. im lookin to go super cheap here but if the thing is gonna break in 6 months that would be a waste so something that has a little durability. many thanks!

Guest Scrambled Ears

looks solid for the $ but i dont want any keys

edit: isnt there a controller for reaktor? does anyone have this? does it work only for reaktor or can you assign the midi elsewhere?

Yeah along the similar lines you can get the korg nano thingies. They're pretty small, I've never had any troubles with mine, but I know a few people who have. Things are so small im not suprised to be honest. I got one of the nanopads, v similar to that Akai one except it has a cool little XY controller too. The keyboard one looks a bit shonky, the keys are pretty much like those off a laptop, but the one with faders and pots is nice. I just wouldnt recomend any of em if you're the type of person to beat your stuff up.

There isnt a specific controller for Reaktor. It will accept midi from just about anything. Although a lot of controllers are sold specificaly aimed at one piece of software, midi is midi is midi, Any controller can be used with any software, just might require a bit of playing with first..

Guest Scrambled Ears

I believe what I was thinking of was NI Kore which seems to have some advantages...running reaktor w.o. needing to have the software open + it has a soundcard...though a bit of a hefty price tag

BCR2000

Cant go wrong here if you only want knobs. This thing is built like a tank. And I'm sure you can find a reaktor template for it if it doesn't have one built in (I can't remember, because I only use mine to control my DSI Tetra)

Archived