IGNORED

acid pro 5.0

so ... i've been getting around to making a second frenetic electronic music mix thing, but i'm determined to have it be properly mixed this time, like an actual high-quality sort of deal. per someone's suggestion in the original thread for the first mix, i hunted down sony ACID pro 5.0, and i've been trying to get the hang of it, though i'm having a bit of trouble, is the thing; the help menus aren't very helpful ... and keep in mind that i have ZERO experience whatsoever in creating/mixing/editing music, and i'm not so great with complicated software, either ...

ergo, this thread, wherein various wattem people with years of experience, academic and otherwise, in electronic music production/mixing/editing (and with experience using ACID pro, i would assume), would be able to give a bunch of tips and advice on crossfading and mixing and mastering, etc etc.

(sorry if this is in the neighborhood of a certain jazz band ... it's possible that learning how to use ACID pro is like the first thing that n00bs do, or something)

Guest disco_epilepsy

i use acid for post-mixdown stutters and things

NOTHING ELSE

incidentally it was my first ever music program, i used loops and things, luckily i'm past that

Guest Cyanescens

yeah unfortunately sonys got bunk acid. you could try fruity loops, cubase or reason.

im not sure if you are trying to mix or produce. for mixing live 5 is the best thing you could have. or maybe NI Traktor.

Guest oldcorehardschool

Acid is awesome at what it does, fellows. Sure, you can look at it as some kinda intro tool to using loops and making repetative loopy songs from someone else's loops, or you could look a little deeper and think how you could use what it has to your advantage. Your question is about making a mix so: what does a DJ use to make a mix? Two players and a mixer. Maybe a mixer with effects if we're gonna be real fancy. Acid has all of this.

I am going completely off memory since my old PC blew up and I don't have it installed on this PC. Maybe some of the Tool names are wrong, but...

Open a song on the first track, the beatmatcher should start automatically and help you to get it in beat, otherwise if you're already proficient at beatmixing, just skip it and do it manually. Actually, just worry about the beatmatcher when it comes to the second track cos you got nothing to match it to yet.

Choose the Paste tool and paste the song in on the first track.

Goto the next track and open the next song, go thru the beatmatch stuff, then when you're happy that it's in time, paste it in on the second track. Then choose the Select tool and click once on the waveform of it in the track. Once it's selected, click again and hold and drag it to just before the end of the first song, or wherever you want it. You may have to zoom in and out and shit, so you can place it right on the right beat.

Once you have the two tracks where you want them, and they play in time, choose the Envelope tool. Then right-click on the second song and choose Volume. Then you can double click anywhere on the line that appears and make a new point and drag it up or down to make new volume envelopes (ala a fader on a mixer, only automated). Make it low at the start and gradually fading up to "halfway" of the waveform level where you want it at full volume. BOOM sucka, you just made your first mix.

To add effects, click on the weird fader icon near the track name to the left. Fade em in and out using the same envelope trick! :sorcerer: (as long as the effect is compatible with the automation)

Since I typed all that shit out, someone please type out the same method for Ableton Live because I just ain't seeing how it's friendly, or easy. I could never work it out apart from playing loops (somewhat ironically). I know it has the power to do all this so I'm curious if it's worth learning or just sticking with what I know. I usually make tracks in FL Studio but even still, I import them all into Acid because it is just the shit at mixing things.

I'll stop typing now. :wink:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Analogue Wings
Since I typed all that shit out, someone please type out the same method for Ableton Live because I just ain't seeing how it's friendly, or easy. I could never work it out apart from playing loops (somewhat ironically). I know it has the power to do all this so I'm curious if it's worth learning or just sticking with what I know. I usually make tracks in FL Studio but even still, I import them all into Acid because it is just the shit at mixing things.

Totally. Which Is why I recommended it to PBN in the first place. Its fast and easy to use. I use it when I want to mix some tracks together and I dont want to think.

I've tried Live (very briefly). It seems very 1337 and all that, but it doesn't suit the way I make music.

Guest Mr. Magoo

help, i got some good melodies and rythems but i suck at making it sound good=good timing/effective other intruments

help, i've been using fruity loops as a program to make the beats and meldies using vsts(arturia)

help

Guest Analogue Wings
help, i got some good melodies and rythems but i suck at making it sound good=good timing/effective other intruments

help, i've been using fruity loops as a program to make the beats and meldies using vsts(arturia)

help

lol

Archived